Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year after 13.2.0
Is anyone here who was in that discussion / workshop with Devialet at High End / Munich still in contact with Devialet? Because when you follow the company development and it’s various fund raising ( https://www.devialet.com/en-us/about-us/...sentation/ ) there must be also some resources for Expert line - not just store expansion, Phantom line or Gemini.

And I guess they hopefully also would like to stay competitive in the market to meet their brand claim.
I last emailed with Mathieu in June 2020. I had a question about DSD. He'd been quite unwell with Covid. He said Expert is in a "mature" phase. There could be a few tweaks in the future, but I agree with him - it does everything I want, it operates faultlessly and I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(13-Oct-2021, 02:59)ssfas Wrote: I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?

Some people seem to believe that they can buy a car that comes with an ordinary key and then somehow get an upgrade to keyless entry for free three years later. I don't get it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Oct-2021, 02:59)ssfas Wrote: I last emailed with Mathieu in June 2020. I had a question about DSD. He'd been quite unwell with Covid. He said Expert is in a "mature" phase. There could be a few tweaks in the future, but I agree with him - it does everything I want, it operates faultlessly and I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?

I agree.
IMO the amp is transparent and powerful enough and has all the inputs I need.
Changing anything would be pointless for me.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(13-Oct-2021, 11:44)f1eng Wrote:
(13-Oct-2021, 02:59)ssfas Wrote: I last emailed with Mathieu in June 2020. I had a question about DSD. He'd been quite unwell with Covid. He said Expert is in a "mature" phase. There could be a few tweaks in the future, but I agree with him - it does everything I want, it operates faultlessly and I've had no inclination to replace it. What with?

I agree.

Exactly my opinion too!
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
FWIW, I don’t expect Devialet to implement significant changes for the Expert Pro line, but there are issues that they should address with particular focus on…

— issues with the online configurator, particularly for dual mono setups
— evolution of the ‘Sweet Room’ concept that they introduced a year ago yet with bugs and lack of a functional UI

Hey, I also love my 440 Pro and understand the Expert Pro is a mature line, but they should close out remaining issues and, ideally, remove dependency on their marginal online configurator.

Just my 2 cents worth…
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(14-Oct-2021, 16:24)beerman Wrote:
(13-Oct-2021, 11:44)f1eng Wrote:

I agree.

Exactly my opinion too!

me 3 Smile
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
Well it’s not about changing rather than fixing - and things like providing a remote app finally after years that is working properly and using options available.
(11-Oct-2021, 20:04)markush Wrote: Is anyone here who was in that discussion / workshop with Devialet at High End / Munich still in contact with Devialet? Because when you follow the company development and it’s various fund raising ( https://www.devialet.com/en-us/about-us/...sentation/ ) there must be also some resources for Expert line - not just store expansion, Phantom line or Gemini.

And I guess they hopefully also would like to stay competitive in the market to meet their brand claim.

It looks like after 2018 there was nothing new to report anymore… which is quite sad by itself.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
Well, when I got my first Devialet in 2014, it was a Devialet 170. Devialet promoted their audio systems as the audio system of our dreams, offering the best sound ever produced, in the smartest design, a wireless system, optimised for digital music and: with regular updates to be a genuinely future-proofed audio solution. 
It was said that this will include regular, free upgrades to enhance the performance and functionality of the system. Indeed, this used to be the case for many and now I still very much enjoy my upgraded Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI.
Nevertheless, CI means Core Infinity and this last hardware upgrade was also supposed to offer infinite possibilities.
Devialet has promised in writing that with Core Infinity, our Expert Pros will now be ready to unleash not only the power of wireless streaming but new exciting features will be progressively unlocked through simple software upgrades.
As indicated in several postings before, it is disappointing to see that nothing happened for quite a long time now an I am really looking forward to any news for exciting upgrades from Devialet for the Expert PRO line-up.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany