Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo BDP-105 for streaming?
Is anyone using an Oppo BDP-105 for streaming to a Devialet, e.g., via the coax or optical digital outputs?

If so, do you get occasional hickups when you display the music info on a TV that the Oppo is connected to?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(07-Jan-2015, 13:53)miro Wrote: Is anyone using an Oppo BDP-105 for streaming to a Devialet, e.g., via the coax or optical digital outputs?

If so, do you get occasional hickups when you display the music info on a TV that the Oppo is connected to?

I stream to my Phantom via optical and there are no hiccups. When I stream 24/96 FLAC using Spark via WiFi, I experience hiccups which I resolved by switching to Ethernet. 
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(24-Mar-2015, 07:05)trashken Wrote:
(07-Jan-2015, 13:53)miro Wrote: Is anyone using an Oppo BDP-105 for streaming to a Devialet, e.g., via the coax or optical digital outputs?

I stream to my Phantom via optical and there are no hiccups. When I stream 24/96 FLAC using Spark via WiFi, I experience hiccups which I resolved by switching to Ethernet. 

Is that with an Oppo BDP-105 in both cases?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(24-Mar-2015, 07:18)miro Wrote:
(24-Mar-2015, 07:05)trashken Wrote:

Is that with an Oppo BDP-105 in both cases?

Optical is via Oppo 105. 
Wifi/Ethernet is thru Spark. 
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)

Hi,

We stream, movies and at occasions music from, disc, youtube or other. Sound goes from coaxial in to the Devialet. Picture goes through HDMI to TV.

No hickups during the 2 years we had the Oppo 103D.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK