Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oppo BDP-105 with Tidal.
Has anyone tried Oppo with their new Tidal software? And if so maybe with the coaxial input on a Devialet.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(12-Aug-2015, 21:07)octaviars Wrote: Has anyone tried Oppo with their new Tidal software? And if so maybe with the coaxial input on a Devialet.

Whose new software?
Is that Software by Oppo or by Tidal?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Oppos software, they have support for Tidal now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Official Oppo BETA firmware:

http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-103/B...0711B.aspx
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Waiting for the official release.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
Anyone here tried out Tidal on their Oppo and Devialet?

Second system

I tried it on my 103. Sounds ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(12-Aug-2015, 21:07)octaviars Wrote: Has anyone tried Oppo with their new Tidal software? And if so maybe with the coaxial input on a Devialet.

I have. My Oppo 105 connects to the Devialet via a Transparent Cable High Performance coax.

Although it doesn't match the Aurender in terms of presence and holographic imaging (and it shouldn't, given it's a multipurpose platform), with Tidal streaming it is surprisingly good. Excellent tonal balance and dynamic range as well as resolution; it makes you connect with the music very easily.
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
My Tidal setup is as follows:  iPad connected to the Oppo 103D via HDMI adapter.  Oppo linked to the D200 via Dynamique Audio Magellan SDIF cable*.  For some reason, the iPad going through the Oppo sounds significantly better than Oppo's built in Tidal app.  Air ethernet or WIFI just don't compare due to continuous drop outs and interruptions. The fault is not my web connection which is awesome (Webpass - more than 400 mbps).  IMHO, Air software was released prematurely and is not ready for primetime.  Off the subject: How do you guys get to show your system components at the end of your post?

*This SDIF cable is fantabulous!  Creamy highs with awesome resolution.  Bested and replaced a top of the line Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 6.
(08-Oct-2015, 03:59)aisip Wrote: My Tidal setup is as follows:  iPad connected to the Oppo 103D via HDMI adapter.  Oppo linked to the D200 via Dynamique Audio Magellan SDIF cable*.  For some reason, the iPad going through the Oppo sounds significantly better than Oppo's built in Tidal app.  Air ethernet or WIFI just don't compare due to continuous drop outs and interruptions. The fault is not my web connection which is awesome (Webpass - more than 400 mbps).  IMHO, Air software was released prematurely and is not ready for primetime.  Off the subject: How do you guys get to show your system components at the end of your post?

*This SDIF cable is fantabulous!  Creamy highs with awesome resolution.  Bested and replaced a top of the line Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 6.

Open your user control panel ("User CP" situated just under "welcome back")and under user profile click "update signature" then write a signature containing your system details.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England