Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stereo Sound drops
Hello

I have 2 reactor 900 paired in sterero. They are brand new.
They are connected in wifi.
All is working fine, except I have one speaker (always the same) that stops for 1sec quite often.
Approximately 2 times every 3 mns

Is it a wifi connection issue or a problem with the speaker.
Thanks for your help.
I had a few issues with my 600s that have been pretty much alleviated. Some thoughts for you:

- I found my mesh router (eero Gen 1) was overwhelmed with the number of devices on the network (Sonos, etc). Shifting to eero Pro seemed to really help. As did occasionally restarting the network.
- There are a few posts on this site referring to going to the IP of the speakers from a browser and typing in the wifi password directly. I believe this affected units with older versions of DOS.
- Speaking of software and firmware, do you have the latest versions?
- Do you see this using AirPlay, Bluetooth, and UPnP? I had issues with UPnP initially, but have never once had an issue with AirPlay.

Now everything is pretty rock solid for me. Good luck!
(24-May-2020, 18:29)ArnaudG Wrote: Hello

I have 2 reactor 900 paired in sterero. They are brand new.
They are connected in wifi.
All is working fine, except I have one speaker (always the same) that stops for 1sec quite often.
Approximately 2 times every 3 mns

Is it a wifi connection issue or a problem with the speaker.
Thanks for your help.

Try running an ethernet cable from one Reactor to the other.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i