Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Input (and Dialog)
Have just bought a pair of Phantoms. Absolutely love them - design, engineering and sound. First Class.

I have one issue with Optical in - not only is the input socket fiddly in the extreme, I cannot get my Samsung TV to talk to the Phantoms. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? I am sure I am doing something (or more likely not doing something) really simple.

I have also just downloaded the 1.1.1 upgrade. Now that Dialog has Optical input live albeit in Beta, is it too simplistic to plug the TV optical out into the Dialog optical in and sit back and enjoy audio from the TV through the phantoms.......

Cheers

RB
Some people find it to work perfectly others experience latency or time lag between tv and Phantom.
Be sure you select in Spark the correct optical input for either Dialog or Phantom
Thanks. Have connected the TV to Dialog via Optical cable and so far, is working perfectly. No latency at all. Excellent. Thanks once again
So... you're not getting the loud purring after 5min I mention in my 1.1.1 bug thread?
Maybe I don't have the absolute latest Spark version after all!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.