Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Input and "New" Apple TV...
hope everyone saw the new Apple announcements today... exciting (insert pause...)...
but..
Their new Apple TV box doesn't have an Optical output - only HDMI output.

Do you know if there is 'easy' way to take the HDMI output (Apple TV) and send the signal (HDMI) to the TV and then split out a produce a Optical Output that we can then connect to the Phantom system?

(it sure would be a lot easier with a HMDI input / feedthrough on the Dialog...)

Cool
Hi
The simple way will be to input every video and sound to the TV via HDMI and then outsource the sound from the TV via optical toslink to dialog and phantoms...that's the way I gave set my system...
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(10-Sep-2015, 05:27)angenet Wrote: Hi
The simple way will be to input every video and sound to the TV via HDMI and then outsource the sound from the TV via optical toslink to dialog and phantoms...that's the way I gave set my system...

Yes, I also use Apple TV and use the toslink output from the Sony TV to feed the sound into the Dev.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Alternatively you can use an HDMI toslink extractor like this : http://m.ebay.com/itm/201411845000
PH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well i would not consider those two ways of connecting .... as solutions.
poor audiophiles...
Streaming from AppleTV to AirExpress is possible too
Hi Rob

If you have an audio signal embedded in HDMI and want to play it back on Phantom you need to de-embed it. The 2 options provided in this thread are solutions.
What would be your audiophile solutions to this ?
PH

(10-Sep-2015, 17:44)RobLnd Wrote: well i would not consider those two ways of connecting .... as solutions.
poor audiophiles...
(10-Sep-2015, 17:44)RobLnd Wrote: well i would not consider those two ways of connecting .... as solutions.
poor audiophiles...

It sounds a whole lot better than the TV speakers, I can tell you!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well obviously, but that wasnt the point, was it? Wink