Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical crackle
Has anyone noticed the return of the optical crackle that seemed to go after the recent software upgrade. Mine was fine until about two days ago and has now returned with a vengeance.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Still no crackle here. Have you tried to unplug/plug in the toslink?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I use a Chromecast via optical to my Dialog (Tidal Hifi as this dont work ok with the Dialog right now) and I have no problem with crackle with my setup.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I now realise that it only occurs on the toslink connection from my TT setup which goes directly into one of the Phantoms. The Dialog input is crackle free, so as it is TT related it could be a number of things which I will have to investigate.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
I connected my Samsung tv via toslink to the Dialog and recognise the crackling effect from time to time. Haven't figured out how it's caused. Keep me posted on your progress.
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
(25-Oct-2016, 07:00)frenkb Wrote: I connected my Samsung tv via toslink to the Dialog and recognise the crackling effect from time to time. Haven't figured out how it's caused. Keep me posted on your progress.

I have my Samsung tv connected with toslink to the left phantom and have no crackling at all
I didn't have any crackling but occasional cut offs lasting a split second when connecting by toslink to dialog. No issues when connecting directly to phantom. The devialet rep at the booth here in Singapore recommended direct connection to phantom.
(25-Oct-2016, 09:59)Dre Wrote: I didn't have any crackling but occasional cut offs lasting a split second when connecting by toslink to dialog. No issues when connecting directly to phantom. The devialet rep at the booth here in Singapore recommended direct connection to phantom.

Same here. Crackle disappeared after last firmware release but now I get occasional split second cut off of sound through toslink in dialog. Enough to be annoying and noticeable to the family.
Fix one problem - create another...