Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor 900 optical wired improvement?
Thumbs Up 
Hi all,

got a brand new reactor 900, using it with bluetooth with iPhone -->sounds OK   [Image: thumbsup.gif]

and when optical wired to TV, i still get nice bass sounds at high output only but disappointed about high and medium frequencies. The listening is too deep medium oriented and I cannot enjoy any crystal clear sounds specialy at low volume. Is it reactor itself or do I need to insert any equalizing device between TV and reactor for sounds improvement?

thanks

Man98
(13-Feb-2019, 09:53)Man98 Wrote: Hi all,

got a brand new reactor 900, using it with bluetooth with iPhone -->sounds OK   [Image: thumbsup.gif]

and when optical wired to TV, i still get nice bass sounds at high output only but disappointed about high and medium frequencies. The listening is too deep medium oriented and I cannot enjoy any crystal clear sounds specialy at low volume. Is it reactor itself or do I need to insert any equalizing device between TV and reactor for sounds improvement?

thanks

Man98

No problem here when listening to TV with optical cable to my reactor 600. Check if your optical cable is not plugged in an optical outlet for subwoofer only ?
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Thanks, I use the only TV optical output available with no subwoofer label so I guess it's the right connexion.
@Man98
Hello and welcome. Could the sound balance be a function of the audio signal coming from the TV? I've never hooked up any sort of external speaker or surround sound system to a TV so I don't know what is possible. But my thought is that perhaps the audio signal that is broadcast for TV, or that is part of a DVD, is made with extra emphasis on the bass so that it sounds more impressive through the typical TV speaker?

The source quality is a big factor in the quality and character of the sound that a revealing system produces. Just a thought.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I can’t seem to get mine to work. I have an Lg Oled I turn it onto optical output and the red light is shining through the cable. Plug it in with the mini toslink connector to the phantom and the tv says no device found. And I get no sound. Am I missing something. I do go on the app and change it to aux
Have you tried contacting devialet directly? I'd be interested to know the solution
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Hi, just tested my 600 with the optical mini-jack on both Samsung SmartTV, PS4, PC and MacBook Pro, works fine. I just activated AV sync in the Devialet app for TV shows/movies/games. Direct link from the PC was bad though, it is waaay better (clearer sound, no over-exagerated boom) to send the signal from the PC to the TV via HDMI, and from the TV to the phantom via optical.

I don’t know how source devices handle optical outputs.
Update,  I tried my 600 on a different TV and cable and it work nicely.  I guess despite the red light there is probably something wrong with the output or cable coming from my LG OLED