Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical vs 3.5mm for Computer/TV
Hello,

I want to know which of these 2 options you can get the best sound quality for connecting it to computer.
Until now I used the 3.5mm cable (devialet) to sound card (green port), I can say that the sound was quite ok, but still today I bought an Optical to 3.5mm cable (to connect it to the sound card that it also has a digital input).

Like this one
https://www.devialet.com/en-us/phantom-s...m-reactor/

I can say that with digital input from the sound card, I hear a much clearer sound, the highs are much better, but the bass is a little lower (but clear).
On the other hand, with a 3.5mm cable, the volume is much louder, the bass much stronger (but the sound quality seems to be weaker, you can't hear the highs so clearly.

Honestly, I don't know which of these 2 options to use Phantom II on PC, with optical cable or with 3.5mm cable, I would like to know how it is "correct" way to use this speaker for better sound quality. Are there advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks
When connecting quality audio equipment to a PC i recommend a digital connection. That way you use the Phantoms DAC to process the sound.
What are the audio quality settings set to on the PC? (Search for sound settings)
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX
(01-Sep-2023, 21:43)Stian_Gel Wrote: When connecting quality audio equipment to a PC i recommend a digital connection. That way you use the Phantoms DAC to process the sound.
What are the audio quality settings set to on the PC? (Search for sound settings)

These are my sound settings, (I think it's the first time I hear a sound so clearly), even with bluetooth or Spotify Connect I didn't hear a sound so clear.
What would be the best method for streaming from the phone at the best quality, is there a conversion application that I can use to play from spotify/youtube to the speaker but at a quality similar to the digital one?

https://ibb.co/bHsXpRf

Thanks!
Settings looks good to me.
As for streaming from the phone i am not sure.
I use BubbleUpnp to play files from my NAS, but mostly i use Youtube music controled from my PC.
(On my current PC i have never used the built in soundcard, use my amplifier as an external dac.)
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX