Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Optimization Options for streaming Music
Full Apple shop here (sorry swlon )
Airport Extreme,  Express next to 250. No luck with AIR.
My issue may be living in London SE1. there are 25 wifi networks available in my flat...
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

25 is a lot, I have here 13 on my scanner....

Did you do a scan for a free channel? alternative can be to have the Devialet / Airport connected using a fixed ip address....
(18-Feb-2016, 21:32)DelaneyB Wrote: Full Apple shop here (sorry swlon )

It wasn't me that detests Apple..... Wink

That said, as a professional user of Apple products, they have managed to f them up fairly well over the years for the pro user - dumbing them down far too much and abandoning a lot of pro software that got them where they are. But hard to believe no ones managed to get anywhere close, either in design terms, or OS aesthetic/useability.  Even after rival manufacturers have  stood by and watched Apples machines literally pouring out of the shops year after year, they still seem to be bashing out the same old cheap, crappy looking lumps of plastic that were around a decade ago. For that reason, no PC makes its way into my house, even if for work I drift into Linux realms sometimes....

And Windows, don't get me started....  Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(16-Feb-2016, 19:49)k1282 Wrote: Hi guys,

I was wondering about optimization options for my current streaming setup. The setup is as follows:
  1. FLAC files stored on NAS connected to gbit Switch via Ethernet cable
  2. Intel NUC connected to Gbit Switch running Roon headless
  3. Roon headless configured to use Exclusive Mode and Volume Control disabled
  4. Audioquest Cinnamon USB Cable connecting NUC with Devialet D200
  5. Nexus 9 Tablet running Roon Remote
  6. Tidal Hifi Subscription
Given the setup above, do you see any room for improvement? Cost should not be the driving factor rather:
Can be done to further improve SQ and maybe even usability.

Regards
Ki
If you hate Apple products I think Roon would work will for you. It has all your requirements and has the best Tidal ingratiation available.
The Sonicorbiter SE is a RoonReady endpoint so it takes the audio stream from Roon Server over the network and converts it to USB for your Devialet D200. This way you don't need a computer in your listening Roon. 
The biggest difference between the Sonicorbiter SE and the auralic aries is the cost. $300 vs $999 for the aries.
Hi guys, as I saw some comments about AIR and windows, I just would like to highlight that the configuration of the Wifi adapter is also important. For me, no more dropouts, white noises after upgrading the drivers and having the wifi mode set to b/g only if I remember well.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(19-Feb-2016, 07:55)ledesc Wrote: Hi guys, as I saw some comments about AIR and windows, I just would like to highlight that the configuration of the Wifi adapter is also important. For me, no more dropouts, white noises after upgrading the drivers and having the wifi mode set to b/g only if I remember well.

Totally agree, it's more on the dropouts that can be fixed with a strong network
(18-Feb-2016, 23:52)agillis Wrote:
(16-Feb-2016, 19:49)k1282 Wrote: Hi guys,

I was wondering about optimization options for my current streaming setup. The setup is as follows:
  1. FLAC files stored on NAS connected to gbit Switch via Ethernet cable
  2. Intel NUC connected to Gbit Switch running Roon headless
  3. Roon headless configured to use Exclusive Mode and Volume Control disabled
  4. Audioquest Cinnamon USB Cable connecting NUC with Devialet D200
  5. Nexus 9 Tablet running Roon Remote
  6. Tidal Hifi Subscription
Given the setup above, do you see any room for improvement? Cost should not be the driving factor rather:
Can be done to further improve SQ and maybe even usability.

Regards
Ki
If you hate Apple products I think Roon would work will for you. It has all your requirements and has the best Tidal ingratiation available.
The Sonicorbiter SE is a RoonReady endpoint so it takes the audio stream from Roon Server over the network and converts it to USB for your Devialet D200. This way you don't need a computer in your listening Roon. 
The biggest difference between the Sonicorbiter SE and the auralic aries is the cost. $300 vs $999 for the aries.
That's actually an interesting use case. I will certainly consider this at a later stage. Currently I am also running kodi on the nuc which does not allow me to place the nuc somewhere else.
Hi,
I'm using an Intel nuc, as well. Content is stored directly on the built-in Samsung 850 pro 1TB SSD and output is connected to D400 via Audioquest Diamond USB. When I first had this setup, I was absolutely not happy with the SQ compared to streaming via Oppo 105D,NAS,coax. Then I replaced AQ Carbon USB with Diamond and SQ improved dramatically. Of course I can't promise that you are going to have the same result, but would suggest to try, if you have the opportunity.
Regards
ES
Melco N1ZH60 + AQ Diamond USB and LAN + D440 Pro CI + SF Amati Futura II + AQ Jitterbug + Auralic VEGA G2+ Kimber Monocle XL+Jriver+Roon+AQ Niagara 1000