Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(21-Jan-2016, 19:22)Rufus McDufus Wrote: It's screwed down too which is an improvement!

I think it's screwed on all "rounded" models (D250 & 800), like it used to be in the D-Premier:
http://media.tas.zeitpress.com/articles/...03-web.jpg
Just incase you need a portable player to match your Original d'Atelier now Astell&Kern have an upgraded copper AK380 for you: http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/ak380...copper.asp
There she was, standing in a corner of the room.
I admired her from a distance, trying to get her attention.
At first she did not even noticed me.
But after af we minutes she opened up and there she was beautiful as rumoured.
We exchanged some smiles, you could say we even flirted with eachother.
She was amazing, the look's, the flair, the finesse, and oh boy that body.
But I soon realized, she could never be mine because she already belonged to someone else.
Still I'm glad I met her, before she will be playing for some other lucky guy (or girl).
Her name was 22/100, and she will be visiting my dreams for many weeks to come.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2 silver phantoms - streaming Tidal 
The Netherlands
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered (can't read 19 pages of thread) , but is there any chance that some or all of the new boards will be offered to those that have 800s/400s?

Thx

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Here's hoping, but that's all we have yet: hope. No information is available yet about trickle-down upgrades, but that's reasonable given how new the Original d'Atelier is.
Original d'Atelier purchasers have been a bit quiet….

Either they're still waiting for delivery, or can't pull themselves away from listening…. Wink

Out of interest does anyone know how well they've sold?  When it was first discussed I thought it was perhaps a bit of a hard sell if its an incremental step from an 800, as those owners could easily wait for the 'next incarnation' of Experts (assuming there will be one), or the drip down upgrades.  And it's a lot of money for a colour change… It seems like anyone that's posted about delivery, has quite a low serial number, so I was curious as to whether it just takes a while to arrive, or whether they are still in the low figures sales-wise…

But more importantly, will the Original d'Atelier join the 400 and 800 models on the forum as part of the "All things dual mono" section, or will it become it's own, new, exclusive section…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Jan-2016, 11:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Original d'Atelier purchasers have been a bit quiet….

Either they're still waiting for delivery, or can't pull themselves away from listening…. Wink

Out of interest does anyone know how well they've sold?  When it was first discussed I thought it was perhaps a bit of a hard sell if its an incremental step from an 800, as those owners could easily wait for the 'next incarnation' of Experts (assuming there will be one), or the drip down upgrades.  And it's a lot of money for a colour change… It seems like anyone that's posted about delivery, has quite a low serial number, so I was curious as to whether it just takes a while to arrive, or whether they are still in the low figures sales-wise…

But more importantly, will the Original d'Atelier join the 400 and 800 models on the forum as part of the "All things dual mono" section, or will it become it's own, new, exclusive section…..

A couple of weeks ago I heard that any Od'A's ordered now (then) would be serial numbers in the high 60's.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Jan-2016, 14:28)pid=\33435 Wrote:
(29-Jan-2016, 11:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Out of interest does anyone know how well they've sold?  When it was first discussed I thought it was perhaps a bit of a hard sell if its an incremental step from an 800, as those owners could easily wait for the 'next incarnation' of Experts (assuming there will be one), or the drip down upgrades.  And it's a lot of money for a colour change… It seems like anyone that's posted about delivery, has quite a low serial number, so I was curious as to whether it just takes a while to arrive, or whether they are still in the low figures sales-wise…

When I first heard to Od'A at KJ West One in London in December, the two guys from Devialet said that 82 of the 97 (Devialet are keeping three) had already been spoken for in other parts of the world - and that eight were being allocated to the UK. 

Jon at Oxford Audio has sold three of four allocated to him and is hoping to keep the other one for himself - I understand that production of the Od'A is slow however as Jon has only received two of his four so far.

As for the sound, as Guillaume reported, there are gains in detail retrieval, in power/speed and in spacial recreation. There are conflicting unofficial reports from Devialet as to whether some or all of the technical changes will drip down, though clearly some of these can only drip down to the 800. For what it's worth, the back panel of the Od'A is marked DEV900 which might be a suggestion that the 800 will become a 900, perhaps by the time of the Munich show.

I doubt that, in the first five years, Devialet has sold more that 750 800s or its predecessors so they are probably thinking whether going to a 900, and/or dripping down a retrofit, is commercially sensible. Having said that, were there the option of buying an 800 or a more expensive "900" (excluding signature and gold finish) ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I have been quoted a March delivery.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(20-Dec-2015, 15:53)Cosmosound Wrote: Got number 006/100 guys Smile
so, I have had the chance to test it for about two days. More tests the upcoming month with more configurations. I ll revert with more also with pictures.
One thing I have to mention is that I haven't noticed any increase of temperature while the unit was working near the power supply.  Looks to me that the optimization Devialet has made to the power transmission does indeed allow to the unit to react as precisely as possible to the power requested at each specific time.

I used both asynchronous USB directly from PC which I mostly use for the demonstrations, and Ethernet via the router streamed wireless through my network .

I have had it connected to a pair of B&W 803s Diamond to which they handed the power output smoothly (500w). Cables used a pair of Crystal  absolute dream and tried to use top 2m at each side. The sound to me personally (and I have tested a lot of Devialets) was unbelievably clear.

Then I tried it with a pair of Wilson Maxx3 after doing the necessary arrangements to the room as specified by Wilson Audio to reach top sound. The combination of D900 and the Maxx3's made me realize that the design of the listening room specifically made for these purposes wasn't minimizing the resonances as much as I was expecting it to.

This is a limited amplifier and I ll do all I can do make it sound at it's best. So stay tuned and I ll be back for more.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net