Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over Voltage fault (A4098) fix?
Of those who'd experienced the over-voltage fault, has anyone been able to fix it through using voltage regulators (or such)?
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
(22-Jul-2018, 16:45)AlexS Wrote: Of those who'd experienced the over-voltage fault, has anyone been able to fix it through using voltage regulators (or such)?

I can’t help you with your question about voltage regulators etc., but I can tell you that I used to get the over voltage warning after Micro-second dropouts of either channel.  Since the CI upgrade, I haven’t experienced it once. I’ve just looked on my display screen to confirm this: un-plugging the power cable from the Devialet clears the fault, and mine haven’t been unplugged since the CI upgrade.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I could be wrong but, I thought faults, of which I have had many, cleared by unplugging the power cord or reset after 3 days. Anybody know if after 3 days they clear?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(24-Jul-2018, 00:49)Dan Wrote: I could be wrong but, I thought faults, of which I have had many, cleared by unplugging the power cord or reset after 3 days. Anybody know if after 3 days they clear?
No, the over voltage warnings don’t clear after 3 days, or at least they didn’t before the CI upgrade.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Jul-2018, 16:45)AlexS Wrote: Of those who'd experienced the over-voltage fault, has anyone been able to fix it through using voltage regulators (or such)?

I used to get the over voltage alarm regularly.

As far as I know it's nothing to do with the mains supply voltage, it's an internal voltage alarm. Since the CI upgrade and the later firmware it's never happened again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
It's definitely an internal regulation or calculation issue. I suspect bad maths in the code because I get the issue regularly with some SAM % settings, but change it by a single % and it stops happening.

Glad it's fixed with the CI firmware, mine goes off this all.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(24-Jul-2018, 13:47)disarmamant Wrote:

I used to get the over voltage alarm regularly.

As far as I know it's nothing to do with the mains supply voltage, it's an internal voltage alarm. Since the CI upgrade and the later firmware it's never happened again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got 2 x 250ProCI's with latest firmware and got the warning this week, the only time I've ever had it (never had it with D-Premier or 250Pro).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(24-Jul-2018, 13:47)disarmament Wrote: I used to get the over voltage alarm regularly.

I assume you can get this fault under different conditions. In my case, it DOES seem to have to do with the mains voltage: I usually get the fault in the evening (around 11:15pm, to be precise), every two or three weeks. The problem had never happened to me prior to the 250 Pro upgrade (and the following CI upgrade did not make it better or worse). Is not fixed in the latest FW.
According to Mathieu from Devialet, the 250 Pro power supply is much more sensitive to voltage fluctuations in the mains. They are looking into possible fixes (I don't know how actively), but meanwhile I wanted to check if someone had any luck fixing the problem with a voltage regulator.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II