Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants Phantom launch 15th July
(08-Jul-2015, 20:13)thumb5 Wrote: Excellent, I will plan to join you all in the afternoon.

Good stuff  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Jul-2015, 18:56)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 18:53)NickB Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 18:17)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes I'll be there from 1pm to 6pm, even though I already have Phantoms, knowing that Jon will provide extensive food and drink (hint).

Never has any decent cider though does he (double hint)

What's your poison Nick? Cloudy or dry? If I was to pick up a box of vintage would that appease you?

Regards

Alasdair

Excellent, and to round everything off nicely, I'll bring my collection of Wurzles CD's
(08-Jul-2015, 21:33)Confused Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 18:17)IanG-UK Wrote: Yes I'll be there from 1pm to 6pm, even though I already have Phantoms, knowing that Jon will provide extensive food and drink (hint).

What's your poison Nick? Cloudy or dry? If I was to pick up a box of vintage would that appease you?

Regards

Alasdair

Excellent, and to round everything off nicely, I'll bring my collection of Wurzles CD's

Only if you promise to dress as Adge Cutler Smile

Is there a better Cider than Old Rosie, if there is I haven't found it yet. I will bring a flagon if you like Alasdair Big Grin
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(08-Jul-2015, 23:01)NickB Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 21:33)Confused Wrote:

Regards

Alasdair

Only if you promise to dress as Adge Cutler Smile

Is there a better Cider than Old Rosie, if there is I haven't found it yet. I will bring a flagon if you like Alasdair Big Grin

Umm, Crikey, Not sure about the 'Rosie! If we must I guess we must. It is like rocket fuel though!

You'd better bloody buy something Nick

No issue with Wurzles Confused, beats Steely Dan or Dire Straits any day... 
[Image: Old-Rosie-pump-cilp.jpg]

"For when you're done with standing up"
Actually Steely Dan were heavily influenced by The Wurzels. And it's rumoured* they featured heavily as session players on many of SD's key 70s albums.

* by me.
Alasdair.

If you buy it and I drink it I will have to stay the night !!!!!!!!

I will bring some over so don't worry about us hay making types from Gloucestershire. Tongue

If the Phantom sounds as good as it is reported I will have 1 or 2 for the Spain trip.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Hello guys.

I have planed to join the party, too.

I will fly from Hamburg to LGW early morning of Wednesday and G. promised to pick me up. As mentioned by him we will hopefully arrive around noon time.

Besides, are you guys interested to test the early sample of the latest MUTEC reclocker MC3+ USB? This is the device that provides every digital source with some additional magic....

If so, to whom at Oxford Audio must I adress my question?

I am really looking forward to meet some of you again and to see many new faces as well.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
Jan

Think it might be unwise to take the MUTEC to Oxford Audio as it is their day in conjunction with Devialet - I think they will want to guide the proceedings! Just a suggestion!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I have to agree with Ian's comment above, it is the big Phantom dealer launch, so reasonable to assume the focus of the day will be on Phantoms.

That said, the Mutec does look like an interesting thing. Surely worthy of a new thread?