Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oyaide R1 Wall Receptacle
I'm assuming the filtered PEMs inside the Devialets are also there to prevent (too much) EMI/RFI interference leaking out, back into the AC lines. We've all heard the Devialets are already noisy even with the PEM in place, what will "blindly" removing the PEM do with these emissions!?

Recently a review on hifiadvise.com (http://hifi-advise.com/Devialet-120-200-review.html) noticed two Devialets connected to the same group of outlets negatively influence each other. I'm assuming this is mostly because of these emissions.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Since either is specifically designed for line voltage only and not specifically to work with other devices I would think there'd be conflict. But I will say of all of these I've removed over the years... a half dozen or so, there's never been a single instance where SQ was degraded, worse or even the same upon removal. It always got better... LOTS better! And twice I've added these to see if they could help an EMI-issue. In both cases they were removed within a few days as they only made things worse. In essence I've never, even once found one of these that enhanced SQ or was so close as to not matter. They're ALL bad/weird!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(15-Sep-2015, 18:06)Music or sound Wrote: Furutech makes these for some time http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1870/. The new FI-68 seems to be one added to their IEC plug with some magic nano-dust added. Devialet use some filter like that already (maybe Schurter or Schaffner). Does anyone know which one? I don't know that 2 of these filters in series make sense

http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Schur...7BWg%3d%3d

this one is used in D

regards, Hrky
(15-Sep-2015, 18:06)Music or sound Wrote: Furutech makes these for some time http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1870/. The new FI-68 seems to be one added to their IEC plug with some magic nano-dust added. Devialet use some filter like that already (maybe Schurter or Schaffner). Does anyone know which one? I don't know that 2 of these filters in series make sense

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1739 

The consensus is to remove it for best sound quality.  I've got that project on my to-do list.  I bought the filtered F'tech replacement, but will be exchanging it for the non-filtered chassis iec connector.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(15-Sep-2015, 18:34)Manoet Wrote: Since either is specifically designed for line voltage only and not specifically to work with other devices I would think there'd be conflict. But I will say of all of these I've removed over the years... a half dozen or so, there's never been a single instance where SQ was degraded, worse or even the same upon removal. It always got better... LOTS better! And twice I've added these to see if they could help an EMI-issue. In both cases they were removed within a few days as they only made things worse. In essence I've never, even once found one of these that enhanced SQ or was so close as to not matter. They're ALL bad/weird!

Manoet, I agree with You 100%. 

I don't have any Line conditioners, just dedicated power line to my equipment. I only use 2 or 3 old  good devices which are only connected in paralell,
PS Audio Noise Harvester. And I remember when I had PEM The Harvesters were blinking madly. Without the PEM Harvester situation is more relaxed!
So, PEM must pollute the power line in some way. Didn't investigate this problem, just remembered now.

regards, Hrky
(17-Sep-2015, 21:59)hk6230 Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, what is a PEM?

See the page below:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_entry_module

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(17-Sep-2015, 21:59)hk6230 Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, what is a PEM?

This is the PEM!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pardon my ignorance, what is a PEM?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks, guys.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(18-Sep-2015, 00:09)hk6230 Wrote: Thanks, guys.

You are welcome Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK