Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oyaide digital cables.
I wounder if anybody has any experience with Oyaide digital cables?

I can get hold of some 75 ohm FTVS-510 and some 110 ohm FTVS-910.

I currently have a Devialet 200 but maybe going to upgrade to a 400 and was thinking of using the 75 ohm coax with RCA to XLR for the link and the 110 ohm between my Auralic Aries and the Devialet.

Any suggestions on what connectors to use if I get the Oyaide cables?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-May-2015, 19:41)octaviars Wrote: I wounder if anybody has any experience with Oyaide digital cables?

I currently have a Devialet 200 but maybe going to upgrade to a 400 and was thinking of using the 75 ohm coax with RCA to XLR for the link and the 110 ohm between my Auralic Aries and the Devialet.

I haven't tried it myself but I know someone who uses Oyaide FTVS-510 with WBT 0110 Ag Nextgen connectors and he's very happy with the results but that's RCA to RCA

Maybe look at Furutech?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(25-May-2015, 19:59)PhilP Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 19:41)octaviars Wrote: I wounder if anybody has any experience with Oyaide digital cables?

I haven't tried it myself but I know someone who uses Oyaide FTVS-510 with WBT 0110 Ag Nextgen connectors and he's very happy with the results but that's RCA to RCA

Maybe look at Furutech?

I can second the WBT Ag Nextgen as this is one of the best RCA's including the original Eichman Silver Bullet. For digital I prefer WBT and for analogue Eichman.
Oyaide makes an excellent silver BNC if that is a connector that you'd need. 
On the XLR side I prefer Neutrik with silver coated pins from XX series as these sound better than the gold plated ones, but to be sure try your self as these plugs are very cheap compared to the Oyaides or Furutechs.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
We have tried many, many dig. cables. The best I found so far are Analysis Plus in XLR version. I will bring mine with me to our meeting in Sweden end of June!
Thank you for the answers, Neutrik is what I had in mind for the xlr, I think it is kind of strange that Devialet did not put a bnc connection where the link output is that would to me be a better solution than rca.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

I don't think you have to bother with a digital cable for the link between your Main unit and the companion - from what I understand this cable is included when buying the Companion.

Even though the BNC is a better connector in a 75 Ohm digital application, it would limit the flexibility of the design of the amplifier. This is why I believe Devialet have decided to exclude that option.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
Björn,

Have you compared the Crystal to something else? It is not working that good compared to other cable and connector combinations used by forum members that also discovered that Crystal was underperforming. The best way so far has been connecting RCA output from Master to AES/EBU in on the Companion in a semi balanced config.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Mikeeo,

I have not had the chance to do a comparison between different digital cables in the mono link application (I have done it in other applications though) The hybrid digital cable solution was originally recommended for the D-Premiere mono setup. How it works in comparison with the included cable, I don't know. What is the mayor reasons for other members to reject the included cable?

- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(06-Jun-2015, 04:00)BjornWiman Wrote: I don't think you have to bother with a digital cable for the link between your Main unit and the companion - from what I understand this cable is included when buying the Companion.

Even though the BNC is a better connector in a 75 Ohm digital application, it would limit the flexibility of the design of the amplifier. This is why I believe Devialet have decided to exclude that option.

I know that the Crystal cable is included but I se many owners of 400 and 800 to replace it with a better cable and I heard of someone on a swedish hifi forum that had good results with Oyaide.

A simple bnc to rca adaptor would fix that problem so I dont se it as a big problem but a better solution, if I for example buy a Nordost cable they only have bnc and sell it with two bnc rca adaptor.

Second system

(25-May-2015, 20:52)Gentleman Wrote: We have tried many, many dig. cables. The best I found so far are Analysis Plus in XLR version. I will bring mine with me to our meeting in Sweden end of June!

Will the build a hybrid rca to xlr cable to use between master and companion? Do Analysis Plus have a swedish agent?

Second system