Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PS Audio DirectStream Power Plant 12
(28-Nov-2019, 20:28)navr Wrote: Some facts:

1. Nobody is buying Devialets on used markets for ANY price. Prices went down from 18000 to 12000 to 10000 to 9000 to 8000 to 5000, all 5yr warranty. No interest WHATSOEVER.

What does that tell you?

A clinical sounding machine is not anybody's cup of tea.

2. If you think differently, why don't you upload some live recording of your machinery onto Youtube. Do not worry, people will immediately recognize your piece greatness (if it is great, that is). And as a sign of appreciation, they will Like your recording. Of course, if it sounds bad, you'll get a lot of negatives.

3. So now, one clinical MIDI sounding machine you pair with yet another MIDI clinical sounding machine PS regenerator?! Bravo. That's why PS regenerators now selling 30% off (50% off in no time, if you ask me. Wait and see)

Thanks for the heads up mate. For the last five years I was under the foolish impression that my Devialet sounded pretty damn good but it's good to finally find out the truth from someone more knowledgeable ; That I've been listening to a piece of crap.  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim

Of course you're been listening to a piece of crap. As for me, I've been listening to 2 pieces of crap, a Devialet and a PS Audio power plant. I guess what I've been hearing is twice as bad as what you've been hearing. I thought my system sounded damn good too, but what do we know? At least you're lucky because your system should only sound half as bad as mine :-)

Take a look at that guy's profile. It says he joined the forum in Mar 2015 and that this is his first post. Over 3 years on the forum and his first post is a negative rant on Devialet amps and PS Audio products? Sounds fishy to me.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(28-Nov-2019, 20:28)navr Wrote: Some facts:

1. Nobody is buying Devialets on used markets for ANY price. Prices went down from 18000 to 12000 to 10000 to 9000 to 8000 to 5000, all 5yr warranty. No interest WHATSOEVER.

What does that tell you?

A clinical sounding machine is not anybody's cup of tea.

2. If you think differently, why don't you upload some live recording of your machinery onto Youtube. Do not worry, people will immediately recognize your piece greatness (if it is great, that is). And as a sign of appreciation, they will Like your recording. Of course, if it sounds bad, you'll get a lot of negatives.

3. So now, one clinical MIDI sounding machine you pair with yet another MIDI clinical sounding machine PS regenerator?! Bravo. That's why PS regenerators now selling 30% off (50% off in no time, if you ask me. Wait and see)
1. Which used markets are you referring to? Do you own a Devialet? If so which speakers are you using with it? Perhaps you need to listen to other speakers that sound less "clinical", as with my setup, "clinical" is not a word that I would use to describe what I hear.

2. Do you think that an upload to YouTube would give someone an accurate portrayal of the sound of a system? I sure don’t.

3. What exactly do you mean by MIDI sounding? Quote from Wikipedia:
"MIDI (/ˈmɪdi/; short for Musical Instrument Digital Interface) is a technical standard that describes a communications protocoldigital interface, and electrical connectors that connect a wide variety of electronic musical instrumentscomputers, and related audio devices for playing, editing and recording music.

I’ve never heard the term MIDI used to describe the sound of a piece of equipment, or recorded music.

As in "Ooh, I don’t like the sound of that, it sounds much too MIDI to me!"

Oh! I nearly forgot! Another quote from Wikipedia: 
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroupforumchat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I found a remarkable effect today.
I have been a little bothered by a VERY slight perceived electronic "haze" over my music from the Devialet / Mac Mini / powered subs system.
It still is better than almost any other system I have heard, but not QUITE perfect.
For some reason, I tried plugging one of my subs into the PS Audio Powerplant P12 that I use.
Haze reduced. So of course I plugged in the other sub- even better.
So it seems that the cheap plate amps on my powered subs are bringing some kind of noise in from the mains, then feeding it to the Devialet BACKWARDS (as it were) down the RCA. Crazy.
But for now- it sounds even better.
Audirvana plus Qobuz plus Dev 1000 Pro CI= believable Smile
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(07-May-2021, 08:17)ICUDoc Wrote: I found a remarkable effect today.
I have been a little bothered by a VERY slight perceived electronic "haze" over my music from the Devialet / Mac Mini / powered subs system.
It still is better than almost any other system I have heard, but not QUITE perfect.
For some reason, I tried plugging one of my subs into the PS Audio Powerplant P12 that I use.
Haze reduced. So of course I plugged in the other sub- even better.
So it seems that the cheap plate amps on my powered subs are bringing some kind of noise in from the mains, then feeding it to the Devialet BACKWARDS (as it were) down the RCA. Crazy.
But for now- it sounds even better.
Audirvana plus Qobuz plus Dev 1000 Pro CI= believable Smile
I had the same impression of a slight degradation in sound quality when my sub is connected to the Devialet. I got one of these high quality subwoofer isolation transformers, model SUB-2RR from Jensen, and it worked well for me. Works even though my sub is only 2-pin powered (no ground pin). Depends how far you want to go with your tweaks, but something worth exploring IMO.

SUB-2RR | Jensen Transformers (jensen-transformers.com)
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
(10-May-2021, 20:51)hardcore Wrote: I had the same impression of a slight degradation in sound quality when my sub is connected to the Devialet. I got one of these high quality subwoofer isolation transformers, model SUB-2RR from Jensen, and it worked well for me. Works even though my sub is only 2-pin powered (no ground pin). Depends how far you want to go with your tweaks, but something worth exploring IMO.
SUB-2RR | Jensen Transformers (jensen-transformers.com)
Thanks very much, hardcore, I'll have a look at those!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Hi!

I am considering a power plant for my system too.

Which PS Audio regenerator is sufficient enough for 1000Pro?
Will Stellar P3 do the job?
1200W continuous means output power?

I did measurements and consumption was only about 112W when volume was set very high.
(Maybe that’s an average of short time period, maybe 1 sec)

From 1000Pro specs:
POWER SUPPLY
Universal 90-240Vac – 50/60Hz
Power cable provided adapted to the country
Patented single stage switching mode topology
High power level: 1200W continuous, 4000W peak
High output with power factor correction (PFC)
(06-Aug-2021, 08:15)RayMo Wrote: Hi RayMo
I just sold my PS P10. I did use it for two years, and was very satisfied until I plugged my Devialet 1000Pro right into the wall. For me, the PS Audio unit took away dynamics. I went for the Isotek Titan EVO3 instead and added a DC filter as well. If you have the opportunity to try different solutions, that would absolute be the  best!

Regards!

Hi!

I am considering a power plant for my system too.

Which PS Audio regenerator is sufficient enough for 1000Pro?
Will Stellar P3 do the job?
1200W continuous means output power?

I did measurements and consumption was only about 112W when volume was set very high.
(Maybe that’s an average of short time period, maybe 1 sec)

From 1000Pro specs:
POWER SUPPLY
Universal 90-240Vac – 50/60Hz
Power cable provided adapted to the country
Patented single stage switching mode topology
High power level: 1200W continuous, 4000W peak
High output with power factor correction (PFC)
(06-Aug-2021, 15:32)ksveen73 Wrote:
(06-Aug-2021, 08:15)RayMo Wrote: Hi RayMo
I just sold my PS P10. I did use it for two years, and was very satisfied until I plugged my Devialet 1000Pro right into the wall. For me, the PS Audio unit took away dynamics. I went for the Isotek Titan EVO3 instead and added a DC filter as well. If you have the opportunity to try different solutions, that would absolute be the  best!

Thank you, ksveen73 Smile That was good info for me!
I had an ISOTEK Titan Evo 3 and switched to an Audioquest Niagara 5000 with AQ Silvercloud AC cables to the Devialet 1000 Pro and a AQ Hurricane to the wall outlet.
A big step up! A good power conditioner without good cables is only a 50% solution.