Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom reactor remote and input switching
Hi!

I'm looking at grabbing a pair of reactors (not sure if 600 or 900). And I had a few usability questions:

1. Can someone confirm if the physical remote, can now control the reactors (and not just Phantom premiere) ?. Does it work well, or is there any delays ?.
2. Is auto input switching to TV/optical, seamless or even working at all ?
3. In a living room circa 30sqm, will the 600 be more than enough (not played at super high levels). Is the only difference really just higerh SPL levels with the 900 ?
4. Is the new 'latency' feature working well for TV/Movie dialogue ?
5. Is there any word at all when/if Airplay 2 might be implemented ?

Yes, I could ask customer support all of these questions, but would rather ask actual users Smile

Many thanks!
1. Yes, physical remote does work as stated on the website. Someone on here confirmed this. Beware though, the Phantom remote seems to be considered a piece of crap by many.
2. It works sometimes for me, but not always, can‘t really put a finger on why that might be, it seems to prefer certain inputs..
3. They will work nicely in a 30 sq room, especially if you put some effort in placement. Yes, the only difference from 600 to 900 is higher max output. If you need more overall bass, and probably a better midrange, although this is only a guess, the bigger Phantoms are probably the way to go
4. Even the old 60ms are good enough for movies, I have used them as PC speakers from day one
5. no idea Smile
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Thanks @WesCrackin

Great, thanks for confirming. Interesting. I guess for me, as long as it changes the volume reliably - then it's good enough.
Interesting. I've just had it confirmed by Devialet customer service (Manson) that auto input switching isn't functional on the reactors (yet). And you must use the app to change inputs.

"Thanks for this interesting question, while it has also been raised by some of our users before.
At the moment, our system doesn't have an auto-switch feature with the inputs. However, since this feature has been requested by a good number of users. I believed it is part of our road map, however, I have heard about any actual plan from the software team yet. For now, you need to manually switch the sources within the app"