Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pair of Devialet Silver, Spotify, Tidal, iOS - Optimisation
So I have a pair of Phantom Silver since 2016/17 that I used with a dialog.

With the Devialet app (instead of Spark), no need of a Dialog anymore, however I suffer from random disconnection when using Spotify Connect. I tried to check if the issue was my internet connection, spotify or my phantoms and when I go to Network Interface I do not have the "Ethernet" option. Only auto, wifi or PLC (somehow it was set to PLC - not sure if related to my connection loss).

When I go to my router setting I definitely see my 2 phantoms connected to the network via LAN, so not sure how come I Do not see the Ethernet option.

Regarding Tidal, is there a way to connect to it without bluetooth? I do not believe my phantoms support Airplay and I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Michael
Ethernet is always preferred if connected, so you're speakers are using ethernet when set to auto.
Regarding the disconnections of Spotify the PLC connection could be the cause. I can recommend a reboot or a factory reset and new setup if the problem still persist.
You can use Bubble UPnP or another UPnP app to stream Tidal to your speakers. That's what I would recommend, you'll get lossless streaming and high resolution audio. If your speakers don't support AirPlay your Dialog might. With the latest 2.12.5 software, AirPlay 2 should be enabled. You should be able to enable AirPlay in the web interface if you have it. Enter the ip address of your speaker in a browser and choose the AirPlay tab.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage