Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify connect issue
Hi folks - so I have 2 phantom classics/premieres, dialogue, connected all by PLC.  Notably, I haven’t upgraded to Dos 2 as I’m fearful I will get stability issues. 

Lately I have noticed one or the other speaker dropping out (both when using optical input and Spotify connect).  It does show up in the Spark app and shows connected by PLC.  Unplugging and replugging power for that speaker always resolves and I don’t need to do a hard reset.  This has happened for awhile but is much more common lately, and I’ve made no changes to network etc.  any ideas appreciated? 

But another issue is more of a pain - when I start Spotify On my iPhone and choose the phantoms, lately every time I do this the Spotify app just says “connecting” and music plays both on my phone and the phantoms!  If I kill the Spotify app then the music stops on both devices. I think restart Spotify app and select the phantoms and it all works fine!!!!  Any advice on this is helpful too. 

Thanks!
(15-Apr-2020, 22:02)cyrus.b Wrote: But another issue is more of a pain - when I start Spotify On my iPhone and choose the phantoms, lately every time I do this the Spotify app just says “connecting” and music plays both on my phone and the phantoms!  If I kill the Spotify app then the music stops on both devices. I think restart Spotify app and select the phantoms and it all works fine!!!!  Any advice on this is helpful too. 

Thanks!
It happened to me for a while without any apparent reason. Then as it happens, it stopped as well. I was already running under dos2. As it did it I was restarting Spotify and problem was solved, or instead I moved to Airplay. Not a big issue in the end, and it is not happening anymore since several weeks. Meanwhile Spotify has also been updated with newer firmware patches. Not sure if Spotify was the problem, but be sure to have the latest patch available.
"Hi folks - so I have 2 phantom classics/premieres, dialogue, connected all by PLC.  Notably, I haven’t upgraded to Dos 2 as I’m fearful I will get stability issues."

DOS 2 has been super stable and is so much quicker than Spark. Update get rid of dialogue the system has been much better.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
(16-Apr-2020, 01:26)Jon Wrote: "Hi folks - so I have 2 phantom classics/premieres, dialogue, connected all by PLC.  Notably, I haven’t upgraded to Dos 2 as I’m fearful I will get stability issues."

DOS 2 has been super stable and is so much quicker than Spark. Update get rid of dialogue the system has been much better.

that’s good to hear. I’d read lots of posts in stereo instability or cathedral effect from dos2, and stability issues requiring a special patch to be sent from Devialet.  

interesting development - last night the right speaker stopped playing any audio from Spotify connect or optical input but it was all fine on airplay.  Now today I can’t get the right speaker to play from any input. I did a hard reset and the speaker connects and shows in spark but no change.  During setup process it plays the usual setup music.  Any tips?!(!?!
And another update lol. I did a proper hard reset including the dialogue (forgot that one). Now all both speakers working normal again so far.
(17-Apr-2020, 02:41)cyrus.b Wrote: And another update lol. I did a proper hard reset including the dialogue (forgot that one). Now all both speakers working normal again so far.
Hey man that's great ! The one issue I occasionally run into with DOS 2 is if I reset my router or something in my home network gets screwy I have at times had to do the whole 7+ second reset on all speakers to get everything to be happy again but it only takes a few min to do the reset and then all is well again. Glad to hear your stuff is running well !