Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pairing 250 and 220 Expert Pro CIs...possible?
I apologize if this is an incredibly naive question, but asking then listening is how we learn. (I've tried to locate a thread on my topic but have come up empty.)

I bought an 220 Expert Pro CI a year ago when what I really wanted was the 250 Expert Pro CI. At the time, the 250 wasn't offered on the US website, and I thought there would be incompatibility with one from another region. (If I'd known this forum existed, I would have been able to do much better research before purchase!) Amazingly, one became available very soon after my original purchase. Now I have both.

I suppose I'll sell the 220. In the meantime, though, I'm wondering...is it possible to pair the 250 and 220 in a dual mono set up with the 250 as the master?

If it's possible, is it desirable?

Have any of you experimented with this on-the-surface mismatch?  

Thanks in advance for the education.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(17-Jul-2019, 02:48)musialsuspect Wrote: I apologize if this is an incredibly naive question, but asking then listening is how we learn. (I've tried to locate a thread on my topic but have come up empty.)

I bought an 220 Expert Pro CI a year ago when what I really wanted was the 250 Expert Pro CI. At the time, the 250 wasn't offered on the US website, and I thought there would be incompatibility with one from another region. (If I'd known this forum existed, I would have been able to do much better research before purchase!) Amazingly, one became available very soon after my original purchase. Now I have both.

I suppose I'll sell the 220. In the meantime, though, I'm wondering...is it possible to pair the 250 and 220 in a dual mono set up with the 250 as the master?

If it's possible, is it desirable?

Have any of you experimented with this on-the-surface mismatch?  

Thanks in advance for the education.

I currently have this configuration working 250 master, 220 companion.  Took me a while to setup the master as a D1000 and the companion as a 440 in the configurator but it works great. I do have the balance favouring the 220 slightly.  I also set the max output of the 250 to 440 to minimize the imbalance.  Sounds fine and has me saving to eventually replace the 220 with a 250.  
Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Thanks for the reply, Jim. If you don't mind, I'll pm you with a few questions.

If anyone else wants to jump in with their experience, I'm all ears! Smile
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e