Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panasonic GZ2000 TV to Devialet Silver
Hi all, my Panasonic TV GZ2000 is arriving soon. I notice that it only have one optical audio output. Does it means I need some kind of adapter or splitter to both my Devialet Silver ? Will it affect the audio performance ?
(06-Aug-2020, 15:44)doran_lum Wrote: Hi all, my Panasonic TV GZ2000 is arriving soon. I notice that it only have one optical audio output. Does it means I need some kind of adapter or splitter to both my Devialet Silver ? Will it affect the audio performance ?
You don't need anything. Just plug the optical cable in one of the speakers and the speakers sort our the rest.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
One optical port only.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(06-Aug-2020, 18:05)ragwo Wrote:
(06-Aug-2020, 15:44)doran_lum Wrote: Hi all, my Panasonic TV GZ2000 is arriving soon. I notice that it only have one optical audio output. Does it means I need some kind of adapter or splitter to both my Devialet Silver ? Will it affect the audio performance ?
You don't need anything. Just plug the optical cable in one of the speakers and the speakers sort our the rest.
Thank you so much.. I guess my Devialet speaker need both to be connected to the router via LAN cables right ?
I run my mine on WiFi and have done for the best part of four years, however I still use a dialog because I have heard so many horror stories about the DOS software. With the dialog I fine WiFi perfectly stable assuming a good WiFi signal. NO idea though if you are using DOS.
(07-Aug-2020, 05:03)doran_lum Wrote: Thank you so much.. I guess my Devialet speaker need both to be connected to the router via LAN cables right ?
There are 3 ways. Best sound, most stable is Ethernet cable. Next best is PLC, power line communication, where the Phantoms communicate via the power cord. It works best if the Phantoms are using the same power board. Then wifi, ideally with a strong signal.
(07-Aug-2020, 12:02)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(07-Aug-2020, 05:03)doran_lumdd Wrote: Thank you so much.. I guess my Devialet speaker need both to be connected to the router via LAN cables right ?s
There are 3 ways.  Best sound, most stablee is Ethernet cable.  Next best is PLC, power line communication, where the Phantoms communicate via the power cord. It works best if the Phantoms are using the same power board.  Then wifi, ideally with a strong signal.

Thanks so much, I will give the first two a try to see which is more stable for my home.
Sorry to hijack your thread slightly but what would you guys recommend to get TV sound from my expert? Optical /optical or optical toslink?
I'll try and ask elsewhere too.
D220 Expert Pro CI. Totem Acoustic Tribe Tower Loudspeakers.
Phantom Reactor 600 for Mrs Oz.
(09-Aug-2020, 21:13)Ozzzy189 Wrote: Sorry to hijack your thread slightly but what would you guys recommend to get TV sound from my expert? Optical /optical or optical toslink?

The optical input on your Expert is toslink. The optical out on any TV I've seen is also toslink. You just need a standard optical audio cable which is toslink ti toslink. The only other optical cables I know of are for data transmission and they definitely won't connect to any TV I've seen or to a Devialet of any kind.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(09-Aug-2020, 22:46)David A Wrote:
(09-Aug-2020, 21:13)Ozzzy189 Wrote: Sorry to hijack your thread slightly but what would you guys recommend to get TV sound from my expert? Optical /optical or optical toslink?

The optical input on your Expert is toslink. The optical out on any TV I've seen is also toslink. You just need a standard optical audio cable which is toslink ti toslink. The only other optical cables I know of are for data transmission and they definitely won't connect to any TV I've seen or to a Devialet of any kind.

I use a 7m toslink from my TV to my Expert -works without a hitch.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3