Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panning Issue
I have seen the panning issue using FW 1.5.0.1 twice, its not fixed.

Using optical input on Phantom when encountered.

Power cycle on both phantoms and the dialog resolved so far both times.
Have you reported the problem to Devialet?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(14-Jan-2016, 12:31)Johnnydev Wrote:
(14-Jan-2016, 10:32)Syver Wrote:
(13-Jan-2016, 11:09)Johnnydev Wrote: Did you excactly as discribed on de devialet site;

Probably not. Will try this tonight and revert.

Try that first
Did it. It did not fix the issue. 

I actually thought it made it worse for a while but it appears to be router related. 

The issue got very bad and then I realised by wife was downloading stuff on her computer. 

I switched her to my other wifi network (an Airport Extreme) and the panning issue disappeared right way.

No I know nobody is to use the wifi from the router the Dialog is connected to.

Strange because both my source and Dialog are connected via Ethernet but go figure.

body{zoom:85%!important;}
(14-Jan-2016, 10:59)ragwo Wrote: The Phantom have an optical input, try using that input instead of the optical input on the Dialog and see if it helps. You enable the input in Spark. You can't bypass Dialog while playing with more than one Phantom.

Exactly so if I want stereo the Optical input cannot be the solution, right ?
body{zoom:85%!important;}
The optical input on the Phantom is stereo, if that is what you mean. Connect an optical source to one Phantom and there will be sound in both speakers.
My Phantom Voyage
(16-Jan-2016, 13:42)ragwo Wrote: The optical input on the Phantom is stereo, if that is what you mean. Connect an optical source to one Phantom and there will be sound in both speakers.

Thanks. I did not know that.

How does the signal go from the Phantom connected via optical input (let's say Left) to the other Phantom (Right) ?

Does the Ethernet connection work the same way ?
The signal goes from the Phantom to the Dialog and back to the Phantoms. You can't connect a source to the ethernet connections. It's only for communication between the Phantoms and the Dialog. If you want to use the ethernet connections you have to connect the Phantoms and the Dialog to the same router.
My Phantom Voyage
Smile 
(18-Jan-2016, 11:47)ragwo Wrote: If you want to use the ethernet connections you have to connect the Phantoms and the Dialog to the same router.

Thanks. That is good news. The manual kind of implied that you could only use Ethernet with one Phantom. Glad this is not true.

The problem was not fixed so I had to dig out an old switch and go for Ethernet connections indeed.

Still am a bit annoyed no to be able to get wi-fi working properly: I promised my wife I would reduce the number of cables [Image: smile.gif]

I have got an Apple Time Capsule nearby which is, for all intents and purposes, almost exactly like an AirPort Extreme and I have read somewhere on this forum that it could be used to fix Wi-FI problems with the Phantoms and Dialog. I'll give that a try if I can figure out how to connect it all together.
Hi Syver - I had the same difficulties as you for awhile. If you hook up the ATC to the router via ethernet then it should help to create the robust network we all hope for. If you do this then you need to put your ISP modem in to bridge mode and allow ATC to handle DHCP and NAT.
(16-Jan-2016, 12:26)ragwo Wrote: Have you reported the problem to Devialet?

Hi, Ya - just did (along with a few other items) since you reminded me. thanks. So far I have not seen the panning issue again. it is interesting to see it was resolved by others as a result of networking gear changes.  I have the dialog and phantoms connected together via Ethernet.  MAYBE - when I saw the panning issue, the network device they were plugged into was not running properly and restarting the phantoms along with the network device resolved the panning..    have to check the health of the network device first if this happens again.     if I learn anything new will share.

regards
scott-