Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradigm PW Link
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with this one connected to Phantoms via toslink? It's a streamer with some (it seems) attractive features when used with Phantoms. First of all, it has room correction, which I am interested in because my room is awkward (long, wooden floors, bare walls / windows), second, it streams a wide range of services and has a digital input and an analog input.

I heard it briefly at an expo here in Copenhagen and the room correction seemed to do the job, adjusting particularly bass to accommodate the room we were in. I am thinking about getting one, but wondering about the software quality and if others' have experience with this on Phantoms? It's also a very reasonable price - similar to Sonos / Heos / Blusound similar offerings (but all without room correction).

http://www.paradigm.com/products-current...e=overview

Br,
Martin
With the delay that the DSP in Phantom creates I can't see how room correction calibration could work. Imagine the microphone receiving the sound 0.1 seconds late. That would muck up the whole process.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I think the room correction is calibrated once using a microphone that comes with the device. The profile is then stored and can be turned on/off. So the delay should be no more of a problem than with any other streaming device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what I understand, The device will send out different frequency sweeps and the microphone will pick them up and adjust for the timing differences between frequencies. Maybe because ALL frequencies during those sweeps have the same delay due to DSP it could work. It will be an interesting test.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Oct-2016, 21:32)Pim van Vliet Wrote: From what I understand, The device will send out different frequency sweeps and the microphone will pick them up and adjust for the timing differences between frequencies. Maybe because ALL frequencies during those sweeps have the same delay due to DSP it could work. It will be an interesting test.

ah, ok, I understand what you mean now. Would be very interesting to hear if anyone with Phantoms has had any experiences with it (otherwise I will just have to try it out myself I guess :-))