Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradigm Persona Series Speakers
Does anyone know anything about these speakers? It looks like it should sound great and at a good price...
Has anyone been able to hear them?

http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/index.php

Jeff Fritz has liked the innovation o their beryllium translators. We will see if they can be samed...

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...e-stand-up

It reminds me of what happened when Jeff met the Devialet ...

Attached Files
.pdf   Tabela-Paradigm.pdf (Size: 1.52 MB / Downloads: 20)
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
I have not had a chance to hear them, but as they are Canadian made, I hope I will have a chance soon.

>>> It looks like it should sound great and at a good price...

I do not know what your budget is for a set of speakers, but the top of the line Persona 9H are 40,000.00 euro a pair
at that price point, I would look at Wilson or TAD offerings.

When I was shopping for my last set of speakers, I loved the Wilson Sasha but at $25K Canadian they where out of my budget.
I ended up with a set of B&W 803D3 at $20K Canadian

Here is a link to the Persona web page: http://persona.paradigm.com/persona/index.php

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I listened for a few hours to the 3F and 5F. The speakers were very new so I assume would sound much better after some hours playing, but I haven't yet returned to hear them broken in. I was also in a small room, but well damped. With all that said.

The 3F were extremely detailed and precise. I could hear every little thing in the recordings I brought for those aspects. The 5F was still great but slightly worse in that regard, as is common as a speaker plays lower (monitor vs. full range).

The soundstage and imaging was excellent in the sweet spot, but changed a lot (more than most speakers I've liked) when I moved around. That could have been the setup but I would carefully investigate that unless you listen in one chair only.

The integration of drivers was also excellent and the speakers disappeared perfectly, but that's common in good speakers.

Neither the 3F or 5F played were full range. I missed a lot of low notes from bass and even cello. SAM wasn't available, so maybe that could help but I've heard much better bass from smaller speakers. The 5F moved more air and sounded more present but not like it played much lower if any.

Both, but especially the 3F sounded well past bright into harsh. I hope that's just that they were new, but some female vocals were unbearably shrill. I couldn't bear to listen to Tori Amos' voice for instance, and I like her a lot. The speakers looked a lot better in person than pictured, but I would need to hear them break in to be far less harsh and gain some bass extension to want them. I tend towards the detailed and brighter side of things, not smooth/analog/tube/vinyl at all. Almost all the speakers I like have beryllium, diamond, or both for tweeter diaphragms, so I expected to love beryllium midrange drivers, but in the end I reserve judgement hoping that the Persona will break in and sound better.
(29-Mar-2017, 00:27)BrianT Wrote: >>> It looks like it should sound great and at a good price...

I do not know what your budget is for a set of speakers, but the top of the line Persona 9H are 40,000.00 euro a pair
at that price point, I would look at Wilson or TAD offerings.

You're right, I did not realize that the price list comes by units Confused
Anyway, the 9H model has very powerful amplification built into for bass wirth ARC correction and that should be considered...
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(29-Mar-2017, 00:27)BrianT Wrote: When I was shopping for my last set of speakers, I  loved the Wilson Sasha but at $25K Canadian they where out of my budget.
I ended up with a set of B&W 803D3 at $20K Canadian

Brian

I think you had a slip there: Wilson Sabrina.  The Sasha is over $50k.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(06-Apr-2017, 22:04)Dr Tone Wrote: I think you had a slip there: Wilson Sabrina.  The Sasha is over $50k.

Dr Tone

Your are correct, I did mean to say Wilson Sabrina.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Possibly the most honest review you'll ever read on the Persona B:

http://www.10audio.com/paradigm_persona-b.htm
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.