Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Password for Dialog?
Hello all,

First post and perhaps someone can help. I have checked through the threads and have not seen anything quite describing what I'm experiencing but here goes;

I have two gold Phantoms and one Dialog - I can play one Phantom at a time using Spark or Spotify but not both at the same time because of course they would need to be connected via the Dialog.  I am using a wifi setup and when I try to connect to my Dialog via the Spark app on my iPad, I am asked to input a password. This is the second Dialog I am trying to use and the same password request appeared on both Dialogs. Devialet in Paris have been great (even replaced the first Dialog) but appear stumped on this. 

Spark briefly sees my Dialog when I run the setup but when I try to tell it in Spark that I want to use the Dialog to connect the Phantoms, there is not a button to progress the setup process further.  

Very frustrating, very strange - anyone have any clue what password I should stick in there? Anyone ever encounter this issue? Is it a symptom of a slow wifi? I am based in China and my wifi network is not password protected and I have no idea why this is happening. All and any help appreciated.

Thanks guys
The only time it should ask for a password is when you are using Wi-Fi connection from a computer/tablet/phone to a single Phantom (it would be your Wi-Fi network's password, which does not exist in your case).

Maybe try the following:
  1. unplug the Phantoms/Dialog
  2. plug in the Dialog (electric plug and Ethernet cable to your router)
  3. start the setup from Spark
  4. if all goes well, at one point it will start looking for the Phantoms, plug those in (electric) at this point

I have owned two Silvers and a Dialog for almost two years but never encountered your issue. Huh
Password protected gear that has not been set up usually has a simple default password. Try 0000 and 1234, or any simple combinations, i.e. all 1s, all 2s etc. assuming that is a 4 digit password.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks guys. The passwords don't work and so I went out and bought an Apple AirPort Extreme. I Ethernet cabled everything together and momentarily had the two Phantoms working but with odd configurations e.g. I could play music from my iPad only and not at all from my streaming online subscriptions.

One of my Phantoms will simply not update to the latest firmware and every time I try to download it, it fails.

Because Spark won't let me proceed without updating the firmware, I am pretty much stuck, yet again. 

The Devialet support team in Paris are great but have told me that they have never encountered this before.  And they have never seen a Dialog ask for a password, which it is still doing even though I somehow managed to have music running for a short while as a stereo pair somehow utilising the Dialog.

I will keep you updated on how this goes.

Thanks again guys
(15-Feb-2017, 17:55)Revolvo Wrote: Thanks guys. The passwords don't work and so I went out and bought an Apple AirPort Extreme. I Ethernet cabled everything together and momentarily had the two Phantoms working but with odd configurations e.g. I could play music from my iPad only and not at all from my streaming online subscriptions.

One of my Phantoms will simply not update to the latest firmware and every time I try to download it, it fails.

Because Spark won't let me proceed without updating the firmware, I am pretty much stuck, yet again. 

The Devialet support team in Paris are great but have told me that they have never encountered this before.  And they have never seen a Dialog ask for a password, which it is still doing even though I somehow managed to have music running for a short while as a stereo pair somehow utilising the Dialog.

Thanks again guys

And now my Dialog has a blinking orange light and it doesn't feel or look good....
(15-Feb-2017, 18:31)Revolvo Wrote:
(15-Feb-2017, 17:55)Revolvo Wrote: Thanks guys. The passwords don't work and so I went out and bought an Apple AirPort Extreme. I Ethernet cabled everything together and momentarily had the two Phantoms working but with odd configurations e.g. I could play music from my iPad only and not at all from my streaming online subscriptions.

Thanks again guys

And now my Dialog has a blinking orange light and it doesn't feel or look good....

Hello
First of all...

The orange blinking is nothing to worry about.. it simply signaling that the Device is not connected to the network... or it is not accessing the internet.

The password is mainly related to your home network rather than the phantom..check your router configuration.

So try the following.

1- reset your router and make sure your internet is working fine on both wired and wireless devices.

2- Reset the dialog, phantoms to factory default following the method suggested by Devialet.

3- Connect your Dialog directly to the router (Ethernet cable)

4- switch the phantoms on and make sure the installation sound can be heard...

5-Lunch spark from a machine wired to the router .. do not try on a device on wifi.. Use a laptop or PC wired to the router.

6- follow the procedure to setup your phantoms..

You should be on shortly..

Good luck
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Thanks Ange,

Still no joy with it. I updated my router and my AirPort Extreme, there is no password on my wifi and still I have the orange blinking light.

I still cannot update the firmware for one of my Phantoms (even though I updated the firmware on it last November) as something is blocking me from now downloading the update, at least on my two iPhones and iPad.  Devialet team are following it closely and trying to help figure it out with me.  They already have another Dialog on its way to me.

Stumped, completely stumped by this is what I am.....
To 100% you got a network issue and no problem with your Devialet Equipment. The password request is not coming from your dialog but either from you ISP or another router in between. The orange light on Airport indicates a network issue. You should definitely investigate in this direction.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(19-Feb-2017, 09:39)ETaucher669 Wrote: To 100% you got a network issue and no problem with your Devialet Equipment. The password request is not coming from your dialog but either from you ISP or another router in between. The orange light on Airport indicates a network issue. You should definitely investigate in this direction.

Ok, it must be something to do with the fact that I am living in Beijing and the Chinese firewalls are causing the problem.

Would it also explain why I can't download the firmware update on one of my Phantoms? 

I will try the resets again and see how I get on and let you all know.  Thanks guys.
(20-Feb-2017, 14:07)Revolvo Wrote:
(19-Feb-2017, 09:39)ETaucher669 Wrote: To 100% you got a network issue and no problem with your Devialet Equipment. The password request is not coming from your dialog but either from you ISP or another router in between. The orange light on Airport indicates a network issue. You should definitely investigate in this direction.

Ok, it must be something to do with the fact that I am living in Beijing and the Chinese firewalls are causing the problem.

Would it also explain why I can't download the firmware update on one of my Phantoms? 

I will try the resets again and see how I get on and let you all know.  Thanks guys.

Try to use a VPN Service to connect to the internet via a Hub in EU to avoid/bypass Chinese firewalls. I have heard that not all VPN's are working in China but some should...
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)