Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My set up
Hi 
I have been an avid listener to music for the past 50 years, and after many system changes i now have what i consider to be the best i've ever had.
This list of past kit is far to long for a chap with the use of only one hand to type with.
I now have,
Devialet D400
Auralic Aries (full blown set)
Meridian G08:2
Qnap TVS 471 4x ssd's
Kef Reference 203mk 2's
All cables are Chord cable Signatures Tuned Array
All kit sits upon Townshend supports/pods.
Dedicated power supply, fed to a balanced mains transformer then to kit, best upgrade carried out.

When i do get the hand working properly again i will put up some photo's
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

My kits change a bit since i first wrote.
Out is the G08:2, Auralic Aries, Kef 203s. Qnaps,

IN, PS Audio pwt, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's and Intel I7 Nuc with Roon Rock/Tidal.
All sounding stunning.
Just purchased a pair of KALSU laser units for setting up/positioning speakers, excellent kit for it's cost, made a big difference.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Second system being assembled,
Kef Reference 203mk2
Meridian Go8:2
cables all chord
Amp still looking for.
Plus loads coming out the cupboards/

How things change, currently my Devialet 400's are boxed up, the speakers are packed away well protected with covers.
Brought a pair of HiFiMann HD650SE head phones driven by a Mass Drop THX AAA789 headphone amp, Raspberry pi4 with Allo Digione Signature hat with Shanti psu. The rest of the kit is the same.
The reason is space and family living in.
Soon my son and his lady are to move out vacation the attic room which i originally converted for my dedicated music room.
Then with a redecorate, good thick pure wool carpet, it will be ready. Will take some time shifting the speakers around and introducing sound traps etc as needed. The room is 3.6mts wide, 9mts long and up to 4mts high.
So heres to the future.

Yeah, it is great to see how things change over time.
I bet you can't wait to get the system set up properly again. Sounds like you have terrific plans to make the attic perfect for high-end sound.
I am still searching for a great source for my D440 / Hyperion speakers. But maybe I want to upgrade to Expert Pro? Maybe I want new speakers? Maybe the power supply needs attending? Maybe.... on and on!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
the first thing to sort is the power supply, there is plenty on the net about this, being myself an electrical engineer i took the bull by the horns, installed a dedicated metal clad main distribution board, put a 5kva Airolink isolation transformer in this totally rewired with Furutec cable then after this a PS Audio P5 power plant and using high quality Furtec mains cables to al units the benefits were really rewarding.
4 external earth rods in the garden with 16mm earth cable direct to a block of solid copper where a star point is created. all components link to this.

Nice to see things done properly, TFoL!!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.