Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recently moved to a small town...
I recently moved to a small town and decided to have a local woodworker / hobbyist fabricate a couple of simple audio platforms. Provided him with a design, chose cherrywood, and left him to it.

My Devialet rig is minimalist, and the wood adds nice character.

Next step may be a couple of absorption panels behind the Phantoms, but I don't know if they would offer improvement. The miniDSP / Dirac digital room correction does a great job and was well worth the set up time.

[Image: N4eWHkM.jpg?1]
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
Pretty. I love timber.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I know it’s hard to articulate but can you give us an idea of what difference Dirac live meant for you? Was this worth the investment?
Devialet 220 pro, Monitor Audio PL500 II
(07-Jul-2020, 19:32)Nickyrboy Wrote: I know it’s hard to articulate but can you give us an idea of what difference Dirac live meant for you? Was this worth the investment?

The most important thing you can do for your listening space is to implement digital room correction, some physical room correction and attention to speaker placement. Nail that down and then just enjoy the music. I've had a love of music and tech for over 40 years, so I've some experience under my belt. Your listening space has the biggest influence on the sound you hear from your gear. Too often I see people, for years on end, buying and switching out gear in an effort to improve sound in their room, but no attention has been made towards room correction or speaker placement. Such a shame.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i