Poll: Will you sign a petition asking Devialet to improve customer service, especially the handling of the AIR problem.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Will sign
82.81%
53 82.81%
Will not sign
17.19%
11 17.19%
Total 64 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition Devialet
I am in...
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Happy to sign.  

My honest opinion is that a petition in itself won't do much.  Companies that act like Devialet aren't likely to suddenly jump at a petition as its a private communication they can easily ignore. A more 'visible campaign' would be better, like via Facebook, but that takes time and effort and whether its worth it or not I'm not sure….I usually reserve that for causes that are really globally important. Still, anything's better than feeling like they're just avoiding the issues and hoping they will go away - so where do we sign?

In the meantime I honestly think that any genuine complaint anyone has with a Devialet product should be emailed directly to support as well as posted here, and you shouldn't stop hounding them until you get a sensible answer, which might of course be quite a long time….. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Will you sign a petition asking Devialet to improve customer service, especially the handling of the AIR problem?

As one of the main protagonists in relation to the Air problem, albeit an issue for me which is now solved, at least at the moment, I probably approach this with a degree of bias.

I'd just say a couple of things.

First, without getting some sort of approval, I suspect any petition cannot be a DevialetChat petition but merely a petition from Devialet owners who happen to be members of DevialetChat.

Second, in relation to Air, I cannot see this approach being effective to any greater extent that is currently achieved through individual correspondence/dialog (excuse the pun). Devialet's top guys will be looking at much bigger things than Air problems. But they know they have probably already "solved" the Air issue as is demonstrated using the Dialog/Phantom approach. We need to wait for it to trickle up to the Expert line.

But second, in relation to customer service, they do need to get better albeit all staff in shops like Harrods cannot be technical experts and should acknowledge that.

In an ideal world I think they need a section on the Devialet website on "work in progress"; or they should participate on this forum. Whether they have appropriate resource to do this is something only they know.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Shoot guys

Dear Sirs,

Since 18 months, there are serious problems with the AIR application, part of your Expert product range.  

Even today, Devialet promotes AIR on his website as a solution for 'streaming audio content without compromise'.  The reality is that lots of users experience problems with AIR after a couple of minutes playing music.  These problems are only resolved by restarting the AIR-software or -  in serious cases - the Expert itself.

Since normal support requests are clearly insufficient to get a statement from Devialet about this issue, we see no other solution than try to get an answer from your company by ways of petitioning you to solve this problem as soon as possible.

We politely ask that :

- Potential customers are warned about the current issues.
Devialet creates and maintains a dedicated support page on the website.
If Devialet is not able to solve the issues on all hardware, at least give clear information about hardware that will work.

May we also ask that the software interfaces between the Expert and other devices are actualised so they allow at least the control of the functionality that new firmware brings :

The IOS app has no had no functionality upgrade since version 1.0  A lot of functionality that is controllable by the Devialet Remote is not controllable by the app. 
The RS-232 interface is not upgraded since firmware 7.  Functionality like ICM cannot be managed remotely.

We look forward to your reaction.

Kind regards,

Concerned customers
(04-Nov-2015, 15:25)Georgethesixth Wrote: Shoot guys

Dear Sirs,

Since 18 months, there are serious problems with the AIR application, part of your Expert product range.  

Even today, Devialet promotes AIR on his website as a solution for 'streaming audio content without compromise'.  The reality is that lots of users experience problems with AIR after a couple of minutes playing music.  These problems are only resolved by restarting the AIR-software or -  in serious cases - the Expert itself.

Since normal support requests are clearly insufficient to get a statement from Devialet about this issue, we see no other solution than try to get an answer from your company by ways of petitioning you to solve this problem as soon as possible.

We politely ask that :

- Potential customers are warned about the current issues.
Devialet creates and maintains a dedicated support page on the website.
If Devialet is not able to solve the issues on all hardware, at least give clear information about hardware that will work.

May we also ask that the software interfaces between the Expert and other devices are actualised so they allow at least the control of the functionality that new firmware brings :

The IOS app has no had no functionality upgrade since version 1.0  A lot of functionality that is controllable by the Devialet Remote is not controllable by the app. 
The RS-232 interface is not upgraded since firmware 7.  Functionality like ICM cannot be managed remotely.

We look forward to your reaction.

Kind regards,

Concerned customers
Don't forget the problems with their implementation of the Ethernet protocol.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Thank you Georgethesixth for your initiative and work in this.

Here's some suggestions to add to the list:

- Provide updates for the AIR and USB drivers to officially support the latest versions of supported operating systems (both on Mac and PC)
- Optional: provide a road map and/or priority list for planned future functionality/product improvements

Perhaps we can also ask them to:
- keep the support pages/knowledge base up to date
- find a way to more openly and transparantly interact with your customers. For example start participating on www.devialetchat.com or create an official Devialet user forum
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Guys,

It is not 'my' petition so feel free to add text to it.  However, IMO we should stick to manifest mistakes from Devialet.  Every question we ask that is not directly related to lost functionality waters down the effect.

I personally have a whole feature list I would like to add, but we can hardly blame them for organising their business as they like.  It is obvious they are trying to create an as closed as possible Devialet ecosystem.  That is the main reason I would never buy a Phantom.  Even if the speaker is great,  they have yet to prove they can handle the user visible part of software.  If Spark is as well maintained as AIR or the expert app's, you have a product with a life-time of a couple of months.  Perhaps I should add that to the petition  Shy.

George
I had problems with AIR when it first came out, then lots with version 2 but it has been working without problem in my system now for months, maybe years.
I would ssay the same about Spark. Completely unready in March this year but fine now.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

"- Potential customers are warned about the current issues."

That's a lot to ask. It's only a (small?) percentage that are experiencing problems.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(05-Nov-2015, 13:57)Cylob Wrote: ….
That's a lot to ask. It's only a (small?) percentage that are experiencing problems.

Could you share the stats please?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<