Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom (103db) for wedding?
Hi,

We are getting married in May and I was wondering if a Phantom (103db) will be enough spark the dance floor. The room is a pretty large dining area of about 200m2 (actually in a Museum), but the dance floor will be fairly intimate and small. Plan is to just move 2-3 tables to the side and create a small dance floor that way. Having the speaker in close proximity. I was quoted the same amount to rent speakers for these 2 dance hours, as it would be to actually purchase a Phantom (103db) myself and bring with me.

In the picture you can see the location, the dance floor will be at the table closest to you.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Congratulations on your marriage!
I believe a single Phantom 103 would be no fun. I would recommend to rent a pair of Soundbokses or similar. The rental price should be under €150 for a pair for one night.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I tried to use Phantoms at my dad’s funeral and they failed spectacularly. Something about the wiring or whatever in that building, but I just couldn’t get them to play properly.

Save yourself the pain and use something that will definitely work.
Not sure about a single Phantom but I used my two Silvers (very first version) for our wedding back in 2022 and they worked well as ambiance music (there was no dance floor) in a privatised country club's restaurant.