Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Audition Today
I had the opportunity to hear a pair of Phantoms today at my local dealer.  I was very impressed.  Listening to the Kenneth Wilkinson produced "Power of the Orchestra", the soundstage and solidity of the orchestral image was first rate.  Dynamics were truthful.  And I was struck by how well the timbres of the instruments were reproduced, especially the wind instruments in the lower registers.  I ended up ordering a Silver Phantom for delivery in the near future.

I guess I should mention that I have been dealing with my dealer, Overture, in Delaware, for over 20 years. They have never steered me wrong in any of my audio or video purchases.  I have to say that I was so impressed with the Phantom demonstration, that I am having them come to the house and update my internet connectivity (yes, they do that too!) so that I can enjoy the full benefits of the Phantom.  I also own an Expert Model 200 so I am definitely looking forward to whole house streaming music!
Welcome and thanks for the impression. Enjoy your Phantoms, I think they are amazing personally, particularly for the price.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Hi JFDDOC welcome to the club.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

On my first audition I knew what I heard was special. I was in the listening with a total stranger and he bought two, there and then. I bought mine the next day, after I cleared it with the misses. She loves them to. What is there not to like? Great sound and terrific WAF. Phantom owners can have their cake and eat it!!

One question why did you only order 1 and not a pair?
Hi JFDDOC welcome to the club.

On my first audition I knew what I heard was special. I was in the listening room with a total stranger and he bought two, there and then. I bought mine the next day, after I cleared it with the misses. She loves them to. What is there not to like? Great sound and terrific WAF. Phantom owners can have their cake and eat it!!

Hi Stonedragon:

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I can only budget for one right now.  I plan on getting another one in a few months.  Smile

jfddoc

(30-Jun-2015, 20:47)stonedragon Wrote: Hi JFDDOC welcome to the club.

On my first audition I knew what I heard was special. I was in the listening room with a total stranger and he bought two, there and then. I bought mine the next day, after I cleared it with the misses. She loves them to. What is there not to like? Great sound and terrific WAF. Phantom owners can have their cake and eat it!!