I am new on the forum and also french so excuse my language  Shy 

So I am looking to buy a Devialet phantom : 

Witch is the best between : 

A used phantom classic 
A used reactor 900 
A brand new reactor 600 

And my usage is : 

Most of the time in a bedroom of 130 square feet 
Any some time in party’s in a 450 square feet room ( and in that case the sound has to be very powerful) 
I like to listen to music pretty loud but not blasting 

Thanks for your reply’s   Wink
Welcome to the forum...

Can you afford 2 used Reactor? Many of us think the Phantoms sound best as a stereo pair.
(18-Aug-2019, 19:44)Snoopy8 Wrote: Welcome to the forum...

Can you afford 2 used Reactor?  Many of us think the Phantoms sound best as a stereo pair.

Thanks for the answer 

unfortunately no I think this is out of my budget 

And I have a question other tant on my other message : 

can you see a real deference between a reactor or a premier ? 

Thanks for the response
I think that there's a big deference between the reactor to the premier.
And you cant really compare them.

If i were you id go with the silver 3000w
You will see for yourself that you'll have to buy another one. sooner or later
Whilst the classic is much better, buying secondhand is a bit risky given they can’t be repaired unless it is from a dealer who will give you a warranty.
(19-Aug-2019, 19:21)Rodrat2 Wrote: Whilst the classic is much better, buying secondhand is a bit risky given they can’t be repaired unless it is from a dealer who will give you a warranty.

Because these kinds of speakers are not very reliable ? 

Thanks for the answers guys ??
No more or less than most active speakers. But they cannot be repaired if they do break. Obviously if you buy a new reactor it will come with a warranty and I believe you can extend the warranty for an extra cost.
(20-Aug-2019, 08:43)Rodrat2 Wrote: No more or less than most active speakers. But they cannot be repaired if they do break. Obviously if you buy a new reacthatstor it will come with a warranty and I believe you can extend the warranty for an extra cost.

That's correct.
But what about sound quality?
I haven’t heard the Reactor but from what I have read I would imagine the SQ is inferior to the Classic. It would make sense given the price difference.
(19-Aug-2019, 22:04)Le petit français Devialet Wrote:
(19-Aug-2019, 19:21)Rodrat2 Wrote: Whilst the classic is much better, buying secondhand is a bit risky given they can’t be repaired unless it is from a dealer who will give you a warranty.

Because these kinds of speakers are not very reliable ? 

Thanks for the answers guys ??

Not sure how true this statement was....Warranty is transferable.  

I purchased mine second hand, at almost half the original cost and haven't had a single problem with them.   The seller can also transfer the registration to you (which would also transfer the warranty) - you obviously won't have a full 2 years of coverage because the device won't be brand new...but you're also not paying full price.  Just make sure you have a good listen to the system, and you somewhat trust the seller (are they careful with the devices = no dents/scratches, keep proper records of sale, etc.). 

I personally find there's a very large difference in sound quality between the reactors vs. the Premium line...and even within the premium line, between the Silver and Golds.

I have the two gold, and find their sound is much richer and deeper - and truer to how the sound was engineered.