Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold 108db (2021) stereo pair Volume issue
I have just bought and set up a pair of 2021 Gold's (108db) in Stereo. I am streaming music via my iphone (airplay) and have tried via bluetooth as well but using the Devialet remote I find that the sound coming from the speakers are hardly audible when playing below 30. Once I pump the volume to around 40 they become a decent listening level. Above 45/50 they become slightly louder but then above 60 they start to become really loud. 

Is this normal or a settings issue somewhere? I swear when I heard them as a demo they sounded great on low volume but I am finding it hard to listen to these on a low volume as you can hardly hear them!?  Huh
Too warm here today so my brain doesn't work properly, also second dose of corona vaccine >_<

Anyways, IIRC that was the last firmware update that did that. I usually left my old units on 35 (as was their default) and didn't really have to change the volume as that was fine. But now I usually go 40, 45 or 50 (some sources, like disney+ are not as loud as Netflix or Spotify f.ex).

Haven't really put any pressure on the volume since got the new ones through elevate, so can't speak about the volume going over 50 yet.

Did you listen to the old phantoms or the new version in the store?
With some sources the volume is related to the volume setting in the transmitting source. See what happens if you increase the volume on your phone if you haven't already checked that. It's certainly the case with Audirvana and Apple Music streamed from my iMac.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2