Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Pauses randomly, and switches input
Hi, 

Checking to see if anyone else has this issue, or has experienced this bug in the Phantom Gold. 
My setup: 

1 Phantom Gold connected to Sony LCD 75" TV VIA optical cable. 

When streaming to the Phantom via Airplay or direct internet streaming with Tidal or Spotify the Speaker stops playing and randomly switches back to the Optical input. It seems that the TV is sending a wake up signal to the Phantom and it is switching inputs automatically. 

Unplugging the optical cable allows uninterrupted streaming with Airplay and Tidal music services. 

Is there any way to stop the inputs form switching automatically?
Are you using DOS1 or DOS2?

in DOS1, optical takes over when it gets a signal often but not always. It is not consistent. Best to disable optical in Spark if not in use. There is no way to prioritise.

Have not migrated to DOS2, so will leave it to others to advise.
(06-Mar-2020, 22:20)Snoopy8 Wrote: Are you using DOS1 or DOS2? 

in DOS1, optical takes over when it gets a signal often but not always. It is not consistent. Best to disable optical in Spark if not in use. There is no way to prioritise.

Have not migrated to DOS2, so will leave it to others to advise.

I am using firmware 2.9.0 Is that DOS 1 or 2 ?
DOS 2
Looks like it is a known bug now:

This is what I received from the tech support:
My name is Manson from the Devialet Customer Care team, I can totally understand your setup and the issue you are encountering.

First thing first, thank you very much for reporting the issue to our team, we do take your user feedback seriously.

As you may know, Devialet has just released the new DOS 2 system not long ago, in order to improve the user experience of our users. However, as it is a new system, it will take us some time to gather all the valued suggestions/feedback from our customers and report to our engineers/ developing team.

In this case, your reporting issue is well noted by our software team, our engineer updated that they are now working on a possible solution. By introducing an auto-switch feature to the system, which should be blocking the signal interruption from the connected Optical source.

Please bear with us for now, as our team is doing the needfuls to implement the plan.

Have a nice day!
Best,
(07-Mar-2020, 09:06)bolen78 Wrote: Looks like it is a known bug now:

This is what I received from the tech support:
My name is Manson from the Devialet Customer Care team, I can totally understand your setup and the issue you are encountering.

First thing first, thank you very much for reporting the issue to our team, we do take your user feedback seriously.

As you may know, Devialet has just released the new DOS 2 system not long ago, in order to improve the user experience of our users. However, as it is a new system, it will take us some time to gather all the valued suggestions/feedback from our customers and report to our engineers/ developing team.

In this case, your reporting issue is well noted by our software team, our engineer updated that they are now working on a possible solution. By introducing an auto-switch feature to the system, which should be blocking the signal interruption from the connected Optical source.

Please bear with us for now,  as our team is doing the needfuls to implement the plan.

Have a nice day!
Best,

I'm still having this problem. Is there a fix for this?