Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Reverb or "flutter"
Bought 2 Phantom Golds in September of 2018, using Tidal from my iMac or iPhone, LAN hookup with Dialog. No problems for 2 years. Around November of 2020 (7 months ago), I upgraded to DOS 2 firmware, and disconnected the Dialog. Shortly thereafter, I began to get a "flutter" in the left channel during playback, which eventually gets worse until the system shuts down on its own, and then reboots. This began a 3-4 month conversation with Devialet support - sending LOG reports, emails, and phone calls. I have now tested WiFi vs LAN vs Bluetooth; normal and CD level recordings vs MQA; Spotify, Deezer, and Apple Music vs Tidal; using iMac vs phone as source; and splitting Apple router from 2.4 MGz to 2.4 and 5 MGz. I just joined the Chat group yesterday, and noticed how many users have downloaded Roon....so I did that last night. So far, so good with Tidal on MQA level and LAN from iMac as source to the Phantom Golds.

Has anyone else been through this "flutter" issue? Curious why Devialet never recommended the Roon software as a possible fix?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!
Did you, during the troubleshooting period, re-install firmware on the problem-speaker?

Disclaimer: I don't own Phantoms, but I've seen others say that re-installing helped cure problems. Goes for Expert amplifiers too (which I did own).
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks ogs! Yes, I reinstalled twice.