Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Reviews
Anyone found any reviews yet? Lets try to collect them all in a thread. I will update this post.

Mashable: http://mashable.com/2016/07/16/devialet-...-hands-on/
(14-Jul-2016, 13:13)hydr Wrote: Anyone found any reviews yet? Lets try to collect them all in a thread. I will update this post.
I am still within the 45 days trial of my silver Phantoms and wonder if I should take the chance to upgrade to the golden ones. My wife doesn't like their bling bling style but if the sound is significantly better I would go for them. Any news on the delivery date now that the 14th is over?
I have no idea when the Gold Phantom will be available for purchase, but I wouldn't blink if I could return my Silver Phantoms and get the Gold Phantom instead. By all means, the Silver Phantom is fabulous but I believe the improved tweeter and new DAC and amp module will make a big difference in sound quality.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(15-Jul-2016, 12:58)Waldstorch Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 13:13)hydr Wrote: Anyone found any reviews yet? Lets try to collect them all in a thread. I will update this post.
I am still within the 45 days trial of my silver Phantoms and wonder if I should take the chance to upgrade to the golden ones. My wife doesn't like their bling bling style but if the sound is significantly better I would go for them. Any news on the delivery date now that the 14th is over?

Could always spray them white Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I don't think there are any reviews yet. At the Oxford do this week the Devialet guys only had one of them and said it was the only one in the country.
I did not listen to it since I would not consider a non-stereo system.
I was there to listen to the new 1000-Pro anyway, which was playing through Wilson Sascha 2s and sounding excellent.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Not exactly a review but at least hands-on experience .... http://mashable.com/2016/07/16/devialet-...-hands-on/

Andrew
(17-Jul-2016, 01:57)andrewhollo Wrote: Not exactly a review but at least hands-on experience .... http://mashable.com/2016/07/16/devialet-...-hands-on/

Annoying how not a single high end HiFi publication seems to have reviewed or measured the Phantom range. The reviews on Mashable, Wired, and other mainstream mags are unhelpfully euphoric making it clear the reviewer's have had no contact with anything better than a Sonos or equivalent.
(18-Jul-2016, 18:16)dogbait Wrote:
(17-Jul-2016, 01:57)andrewhollo Wrote: Not exactly a review but at least hands-on experience .... http://mashable.com/2016/07/16/devialet-...-hands-on/

Annoying how not a single high end HiFi publication seems to have reviewed or measured the Phantom range. The reviews on Mashable, Wired, and other mainstream mags are unhelpfully euphoric making it clear the reviewer's have had no contact with anything better than a Sonos or equivalent.

Probably because none of those HiFi reviewers could obtain a Gold Phantom and do more technical tests on it. Tests that mainstream mags don't need.
I think that when Devialet feels that the Gold have achieved the performance they intend, it will be released to reviewers.
(18-Jul-2016, 20:02)MountainGuy Wrote: I think that when Devialet feels that the Gold have achieved the performance they intend, it will be released to reviewers.
I asked Devialet some questions regarding the Gold status directly. Here is the answer:
significantly better than silver?: we can't reply on that because it will depend on your personal tastes. We can't take the risk to state a fact that you will not feel is correct once you hear the device.

When can they be purchased?: We do not have this information at the moment but you will soon be informed by newsletter.

I operate my phantoms in a normal sized living room of 25 qm and never go beyond 50 volume, so I don't have any power issues. Do you think I would notice the difference between silver and gold?: Again it will depend on your tastes, type of music and room environment (quiet or urban).

What will be the Euro price for gold?: 2490 euros.

Will there be customized phantoms e.g. gold system with silver finish?: this is not planned at the moment.