Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold - To buy or not to buy. That is the question
Just heard this from Support while joking about their great service on sorting an issue with my Gecko stands quickly - and saying if only the Dev team could do the same with the EQ they said was coming soon a couple of years ago. Sounds promising as they generally don't promise anything anymore, but said the big update coming will allow EQ soon after :

"Absolutely Jamie we will have EQ on it I can tell you that but it will not be on the first update.

We will have to wait to add this features but I believe everything will be fixed and add before the end of this year Smile"
(17-Sep-2019, 15:22)Jamington2004 Wrote: "Absolutely Jamie we will have EQ on it I can tell you that but it will not be on the first update. 

Interesting and will increase the chances of OP buying the Golds!

Wonder whether it will extend as far as room correction or is that expecting too much ??
It’s taken them several years - but I reckon just a basic Bass Mid Treble EQ slider!

Not sure how they would do room correction with no where to plug the measurement mic?
With an external hardware over optical you can have an EQ.
Most of high end solutions never include EQ... the sound is a signature.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Parametric EQ is probably the best we could ever hope for on Phantom or Experts. Measure the room yourself with a computer, then apply inverse EQ. I'm currently using JRiver's PEQ (moderately).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
my two golds stand on their beautify stands and are plugged out. In hope that there will be at any time the holy update wich devialet promised a long time ago..
i would nobody recommend to by a pair of these beautify speakers at the moment!
wait or buy something different..
Why? What’s wrong with them now? Smile
(17-Sep-2019, 07:14)Jamington2004 Wrote: I think you will be one happy man if you go ahead. I recently used mine 100% the iPhone Tidal App

You probably meant 100% Spark. I would've loved using just Tidal like you can with Spotify.
(19-Sep-2019, 16:12)da2001 Wrote: my two golds stand on their beautify stands and are plugged out. In hope that there will be at any time the holy update wich devialet promised a long time ago..
i would nobody recommend to by a pair of these beautify speakers at the moment!
wait or buy something different..
Why would you not recommend them? What is missing that Devialet promised long time ago?
(19-Sep-2019, 21:13)dmitrek Wrote:
(17-Sep-2019, 07:14)Jamington2004 Wrote: I think you will be one happy man if you go ahead. I recently used mine 100% the iPhone Tidal App

You probably meant 100% Spark. I would've loved using just Tidal like you can with Spotify.

Nope - 100% tidal Smile Just streamed to a £30 google Chromecast plugged into an optical input