Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Tweeter problem
Hello guys I own 2 Devialet  phantom gold and I have noticed a difference to one of them. It has the Twitter convex and the other one is concave I will attach some photos so you can see the difference.
The dealer where I bought them from said they don’t know and I will ask Devialet but it’s been a week or so and they haven’t got an answer I want to know if this is normal or not please let me know. Thank you

The store ( AVStore ) in Bucharest where I bought them from that represents Devialet franchise said they don’t know. They’re both in warranty so if it’s an issue I would like to solve it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Welcome to the forum.

No, it is not normal and the concave one may have been damaged during transit. Get your dealer to change it.
More probably it is a wrong assembling or defective component when assembled.
You should have the unit replaced.

Did you notice that because of a noticeable effect on sound?
Hello guys and thank you for the comments I’m working on it with the store and also speaking with the Devialet in France via email, I’ve been sending them photos of the tweeter and photos of the serial number so far that’s it. I’m waiting to see what’s next.

The one with the busted Twitter sounds better than the other one has better highs it’s a bit louder more clear and crisp. I wish the other one was the same because this one sounds better.It doesn’t make any funny noises or anything.
Which of the two has the busted tweeter?
If I look at my golds, both of them have tweeters looking similar at your pics 1, 2 and 4.
The diaphragms on both looks fine, i.e. no damage. It is very strange that a Phantom has an inverted tweeter dome. I believe inverted tweeter domes are not part of the original design. Devialet will definitely have to clear up what has happened here.
Focal uses (used?) inverted domes and the sound is very good indeed, but a speaker should be designed with it - not just happen to 'come' with it. The two types sound different so one of each in a stereo pair will not go unnoticed!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(02-Jun-2020, 13:51)massi.rav Wrote: Which of the two has the busted tweeter?
If I look at my gods, both of them have tweeters looking similar at your pics 1, 2 and 4.

in Photos 3 and 5 You can see the Tweeter is inverted not like the other photos I never seen a phantom have a Tweeter like this. sounds better though..
(02-Jun-2020, 14:19)ogs Wrote: The diaphragms on both looks fine, i.e. no damage. It is very strange that a Phantom has an inverted tweeter dome. I believe inverted tweeter domes are not part of the original design. Devialet will definitely have to clear up what has happened here.
Focal uses (used?) inverted domes and the sound is very good indeed, but a speaker should be designed with it - not just happen to 'come' with it. The two types sound different so one of each in a stereo pair will not go unnoticed!
In stereo mode you can definitely hear the difference between them the one with the inverted tweeter sounds a bit louder and higher on high ends. I can definitely see that one sounds better than the other one because the other one is a bit more flat. So in stereo mode i usually have to listen to the normal one at 50% and the other one at 45%.