Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Volume
Music 
Anyone noticing a volume reduction in the Phantom Gold at a certain number?

For example my 50% on the Phantom used to sound much louder than it does now for some reason.
HI, at some point in the past, not sure if it was going from DOS1 to DOS2 or Dos2 to a later build, I noticed my "normal background" listening level of about 30 needed to be a bit higher. I can not say about the upper limit, since i dont normally listen much over about 50. It seemed to me like the volume "curve" so to speak was shifted, but does not indicate the max was different. I can say when cranking it up occasionally, i seem to think , wow that's it? But not sure if that's my expectations up or ears going bad. Smile or due to changes in the software over time?

But I have also found on occasion when i thought the system seemed to have less volume at a given "Number" , i have learnt to check ALL of the possible volume control points, and usually find one of the other volume control points has been turned down...

Could be either or both cases IMO.

regards
scott-
(22-Jul-2020, 15:28)ARandomMan Wrote: Anyone noticing a volume reduction in the Phantom Gold at a certain number?

For example my 50% on the Phantom used to sound much louder than it does now for some reason.

Hi, I had the same issue with my Phantom Gold, however mine is the old version 2017 i think? The volume around 40-50 was lower than I expected, but then at around 70 it started increasing very fast for every 1% volume compared to 1% at around 50. 
I solved the issue through a recent update in Devialet’s app called ‘Devialet’, (not spark). It used to only work for my Phantom Reactor 900’s, but now works for both Phantom Golds, and allows stereo pairing WITHOUT a dialogue!! 
However, to connect the Phantom Gold to the app, you have to update the speaker unit, and it states it’s an irreversible process, and that the ‘Spark’ app will no longer work.
Anyway, once I connected the Gold’s to the app, the volume issue was resolved. All 1% volumes were an even amount of volume throughout any point. And before the update, sometimes the speaker unit used to “forget” the volume I set it to when it moves onto the next track (not sure if that was only me but also used to happen on my Phantom Silver). This is also resolved, and keeps the volume the same when new track is played. 
Also, the sound effects it makes e.g. when turning off, starting up, reset etc are now exactly the same as the Phantom Reactor’s, (same app, same effects). 
Hope this helps, but if you’re speaker unit is a newer version or still doesn’t represent the volume accurately, ask Devialet for support.