Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold at Home :) --Unboxing and First Impressions--
Thanks so much for the quick review. You've reinforced my decision of buying the Phantom Gold.

One more question, do you have any sound latency with video playing?
(29-Aug-2016, 18:46)ESilververtu Wrote: Thanks so much for the quick review.  You've reinforced my decision of buying the Phantom Gold.  

One more question, do you have any sound latency with video playing?

Also really curious! Best test is to watch a tennis game to check if there is sound latency.
Love the gold!! Seriously considering upgrading my silvers, darn hahaha
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
I just heard the Golds at Devialet London. Unless you have the disposable income it's not worth selling the Silvers just to upgrade to gold IMHO.

The difference is there but it's not massive and in some ways I actually prefer the silvers for some music like Daft Punk, Moderat, etc.

That said the Gold looks better with the white woofers, silver tweeter, white power cable and rose gold details. Definitely suggest auditioning them before buying.
Here another review from someone who has both, using the golds and the silvers in stereo setup:

The Golds still sound pretty different than the silvers . Still have no favorite, which is more than fine.

The highs of the Golds are significantly softer, even somewhat restrained, so I sometimes miss the openness of the Silvers ....

The bass of the Golds is powerful and indeed goes deeper ... and harder.

Overall, the Golds are I think a slightly better product , but fortunately not so much that current silver users should be concerned . Is really a matter of taste . 
(29-Aug-2016, 17:24)ICarrascosa Wrote: Good morning,

Let's start with the sound impressions Phantom Devialet gold.

Differences between Silver and Gold

- The treble is more clear and impressive.

- The voices take center stage, thanks to the new tweeter.
This may seem dislumbrar low but it is not.

- The lower area are very similar to Silver, the only thing that having 1500w more, pay more volume and power in general.

Some people have mentioned in other posts that dance/hip-hop music sound better on the Silver than on the Golds - what do you mean when you say that the Gold has more volume and power in general? Just that it is capable to be played louder?

Thanks!
Here another review from someone who has both, using the golds and the silvers in stereo setup:

The Golds still sound pretty different than the silvers . Still have no favorite, which is more than fine.

The highs of the Golds are significantly softer, even somewhat restrained, so I sometimes miss the openness of the Silvers ....

The bass of the Golds is powerful and indeed goes deeper ... and harder.

Overall, the Golds are I think a slightly better product , but fortunately not so much that current silver users should be concerned . Is really a matter of taste . 
that's strange because others that had silver said highs in golds were better/crispier
quote='Olivier4444' pid='48309' dateline='1472660884']
that's strange because others that had silver said highs in golds were better/crispier
[/quote]

I've seen that single comment in post #17 that you are referring to above reposted three times now and it is not the opinion of every new Gold user - just one.

I've heard that the Gold highs are better too.
Good afternoon,

Point by point, answering all questions.

-The Issue of latency, if there is a little latency as you know, I could say that I notice a little less with the silver, but would have to use equipment to confirm that it is, in case I thank my TV can vary latency tv to adapt to the speakers, like my 4k panasonic blue ray player, I can adjust the latency.

- The bass speakers are rather more significant with the Gold with the silver.

- The overall power of the whole is greater that's what I mean with more volume. Now the time I've spent with them as maximum and turned up the volume of Gold to 65 and is awesome power they have, instead on the silver was 80, 85.

- The tweeter speakers are those of gold higher than that of silver. As I said if we had the chance to put the Twetter of silver in the Gold, no differences tarian more severe and total power.

- Comment for my taste I hear all kinds of music from classical, dance, hip hop, I notice that all music sounds better with Gold with the silver, in general.

- As I said no difference between Gold and Silver but the silvers are already some very good speakers in every way.

If you have more questions already you know.

Look at night as the Gold are ..

[Image: IMG-20160831-WA0006_zpskilbfwyo.jpg]