Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom, Headphones, TV/Video
Hi,

I currently have a HTPC with JRiver MC21. HTPC is connected through HDMI with TV, TV is connected through optical cable with my D-200. For audio playback HTPC is connected through dedicated audioquest ethernet cable with D-200. For video playback HTPC is connected through USB cable with D-200. Headphones are directly connected to D-200.

How would such a scenario would look like with Phantom's? 

Thank you very much for your help!
(20-Sep-2015, 21:37)karebe Wrote: a) HTPC audio connected via ethernet to a switch or router with Dialog and Phantoms (except you prefer WLAN for your Phantoms)
I think this would only work if you use Spark to play all your audio files. If you would like to use another software for it (like JRiver), then you need to use optical/toslink instead.
(20-Sep-2015, 21:37)karebe Wrote:
(20-Sep-2015, 13:03)Manfred Wrote: Hi,

I currently have a HTPC with JRiver MC21. HTPC is connected through HDMI with TV, TV is connected through optical cable with my D-200. For audio playback HTPC is connected through dedicated audioquest ethernet cable with D-200. For video playback HTPC is connected through USB cable with D-200. Headphones are directly connected to D-200.

How would such a scenario would look like with Phantom's? 

Thank you very much for your help!

Hi Manfred,

If your HTPC should be the center like today than the following configuration could be an option:

The major differences are: Currently you cannot use Dialogs USB for input and neither Dialog nor Phantom has an output connector.

You would need one Dialog, two Phantoms for stereo and Spark on your HTPC
a) HTPC audio connected via ethernet to a switch or router with Dialog and Phantoms (except you prefer WLAN for your Phantoms)
b) HTPC -> TV via Toslink to Dialog or Phantom
c) HTPC video connected via Toslink to Dialog or Phantom
d) Connect your headphone directly to your HTPC or use an headphone amplifier and connect it via USB to your HTPC (like an ami DDH-1 or better)
e) HTPC / Spark would control audio, source selection and the volume of all sources to your Phantoms
f) HTPC / JRiver would control video, headphone audio and because your HTPC is connected via Toslink to Dialog or Phantom JRiver could control audio too except volume control. This has always to be done by Spark or Devialets Phantom remote control (at least my components can't control the volume).
g) If your HTPC has no Toslink output than you could use an headphone amplifier like the DDH-1 one to connect it via Toslink to your Phantoms. Sorry, but the DDH-1 is really nice.

This is just a quick proposal but I think it should work. Of course there are other options but I have chosen one which is close to your current configuration.

Comments are welcome ;-)
 Thanks for your reply. I thought similar. Dialog for me has something  missing, multiple digital inputs (optical, RCA/SPDIF, USB, HDIM 2.0), HDMI 2.0 also as output, like Linn DSM. A integrated headphone amplifier would also be welcome feature. So I will stay with my D-200. If Devialet would go multi channel they need a new HUB?

Best Regards - Manfred