Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom I stereo issue
Are they connected via a mesh network?
No, they're connected to my ISP router, with my NAS connected to it. Everything was running smoothly before the update.
(05-Apr-2022, 13:17)Soyane Wrote: Hi,

I have the exact same issue with my pair of Phantom I since last DOS update (2.14.4).
I reached out to Devialet support, sent a ticket and report via the Devialet app on January 26th. And I still haven't received any solution, more than 2 months after. The only suggestion they made was to reboot the system.  Dodgy

They finally told me a bug fix would probably be included in a next update. When? They don't know. They're working (or sleeping) on it.

Well I’m glad to hear its not only me because I was already wondering if its my internet connection or my Apple TV that’s to old but it did work fine on software before 2.14.4 update.
I try to reset speakers and set up them again and again and I get same results Sad They seams less stable in ROON or its ROON core after update is bad it’s weird life to have so much problems with audio system and software. It was more fun in 90’s with vinyl and tapes. Big Grin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Just in case, I had some weird light cracks yesterday in stereo on my right phantom, I increased the latency and it solved the issue (form 0.06 to 0.1)
By me 0,19 from the beginning and no problems at all
I have tried to increase the latency as well, but to no avail. And the issue is not light cracks. I just can't use the speakers. The update has been released more than 2 months ago, and Devialet hasn't provided any solution yet. This is crazy.
(06-Apr-2022, 13:03)Soyane Wrote: I have tried to increase the latency as well, but to no avail. And the issue is not light cracks. I just can't use the speakers. The update has been released more than 2 months ago, and Devialet hasn't provided any solution yet. This is crazy.

Maybe will be good idea to send ticket to Devialet
I did it myself 2 days a go and so far things a in progress..

[Image: 92a63a367ae68d492a5feb53ff5f1ef4.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
(06-Apr-2022, 13:03)Soyane Wrote: I have tried to increase the latency as well, but to no avail. And the issue is not light cracks. I just can't use the speakers. The update has been released more than 2 months ago, and Devialet hasn't provided any solution yet. This is crazy.

Hello Soyane,

Do you have opportunity to test another Wifi hardware ?
I got regular problems with a pair of Phantom but after installing a proper Wifi Access point, not the internet box, every problems disappeard.
The solution to my crackling/drop-outs/sync issues was using an ethernet cable between the two speakers.

This way it's always been super stable, can only recommend. @ragwo pointed this already out, but I think it has been overseen.

Another way to test whether it's your networks fault or the speakers fault is to connect the speakers via Toslink to a TV/PC/Mac. If the two speakers are then connected through ethernet with each other, the setup should be immune to network related issues and one can find out if the speakers are working fine...
2x Phantom II 98db
(12-May-2022, 13:41)Jann Wrote: The solution to my crackling/drop-outs/sync issues was using an ethernet cable between the two speakers.

This way it's always been super stable, can only recommend. @ragwo pointed this already out, but I think it has been overseen.

Another way to test whether it's your networks fault or the speakers fault is to connect the speakers via Toslink to a TV/PC/Mac. If the two speakers are then connected through ethernet with each other, the setup should be immune to network related issues and one can find out if the speakers are working fine...

On Phantom 1 the direct ethernet connection was not possible in the past, is it added in a later firmware update? For Phantom 2 I know it works.