Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II 95db and Reactor 900 pairing
As a long time owner of a Phantom Rector 900 driven by a Samsung TV optical connection, I fancied going stereo.

I recently found a lower price Phantom II 95db on eBay £575 and snapped it up without doing my research.

Whilst they will pair, I discovered only like for like power output models fully pair and offer the stereo experience.

I can report that pairing a 98db and a 95db in mono-mono config is not as bad as you might think.  I can adjust the volume independently of each via the app, and use a combined slider to keep my preferred ratio.  I put the 98db further away from where people sit. 

I tried adding each device as separate bluetooth, but my Samsung TV treats them both as mono with no LR separation.  There are also sync issues with that solution.

Short of selling one and buying another unit with matched power output, any one got any ideas on how to get these 2 devices to work as a stereo pair ?
You can enable optical mode, but you'll need a preamplifier with variable optical output and an optical splitter too, so I believe it's better to sell one speaker and find another one matching the one you'll keep. The app won't work in optical mode either.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage