Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help
Have you measured the strength of the Wifi signal? And measure it again when you have problems? It could be an issue caused by neighbours who change channels, use wifi intermittently.
I got a pair of the Phantom II 98's a week ago, connected them in stereo mode and they worked great the first day. The next day, when I tried playing music on the stereo pair, it was only playing from one of them. I tried restarting them multiple times and resetting them as a pair to no avail. I have a TP-Link Deco mesh network with 3 routers at my house, and the speakers are connected via WiFi (no ethernet ports nearby). After reading this thread, below are the things that I tried together, and since then the Phantoms have been working great in stereo mode, although it's been less than a week.

1. I disabled "Mesh Technology" to prevent them from roaming between the Deco routers, then set it to always connect to a specific nearby router and set it to the 5 GHz band as well (per Devialet recommendations online). I remembered having similar random connectivity issues with my smart switches after I installed the mesh network, and this solution worked for them as well.
2. Both the Phantoms are connected to the same surge protector
3. After disconnecting the stereo pair, I connected the two speakers via an ethernet cable. Then connected them as a stereo pair.

Hope this helps someone. I'll update here if I still run into any more stereo issues.
The Ethernet cable is the core part here.