Poll: What do you think causes this issue?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Changig Temperatures
0%
0 0%
Physical Damage
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II - Strange Subwoofer behaviour
(18-Jan-2023, 15:53)ogs Wrote: Hi @ragwo

I was thinking along the lines of 'how sealed is the cabinet' and 'does the gasket really seal the the cabinet this much - to keep the woofers pushed out for a long time?, but I didn't say it. Sorry about creating confusion.
I've seen that you have reassembled several Phantoms so I believe you know a lot about how they are made... in the physical context I think Phantom I and Phantom II are very similar
The speakers are hermetically sealed. The pressure created by the woofers is way stronger than the pressure made by temperature changes.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Jan-2023, 19:53)ragwo Wrote:
(18-Jan-2023, 15:53)ogs Wrote: Hi @ragwo

I was thinking along the lines of 'how sealed is the cabinet' and 'does the gasket really seal the the cabinet this much - to keep the woofers pushed out for a long time?, but I didn't say it. Sorry about creating confusion.
I've seen that you have reassembled several Phantoms so I believe you know a lot about how they are made... in the physical context I think Phantom I and Phantom II are very similar
The speakers are hermetically sealed. The pressure created by the woofers is way stronger than the pressure made by temperature changes.

Thats what I was thinking as well. The strange thing is that for example yesterday and today the woofers were not pushed out any further than they normally are even though I have the heater running. Also, what confuses me, is why it is going back to normal without me doing anything. Its a really strange issue. The next time I see the speakers being to far outside of the casing I will make a time laps video of the speaker, how the woofers are slowly going back to normal..
Short Update: My Devialet Phantom II has now arrived at Devialet for a repair, they stated, they will start investigations on what caused the issue since the people at Devialet are very curious about this as well. Will update you as soon as I have received a diagnosis.