Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II disassembly
Does anybody know how to disassemble the Phantom II? I have bought one needing some TLC.

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Very interesting project @ragwo !
I think I've seen some disassembly pics or a video in the past. but I can't find it now unfortunately. Maybe as early as when it was 'Reactor'
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Found it!
My Phantom Voyage
Yes! That is the one! Hope it helps...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
It helps a lot! I would never have guessed how to disassemble it on my own. Especially using a screwdriver to knock loose the woofer. I would have destroyed the speaker for sure. Thanks for the tip! I didn't find it yesterday while searching for Reactor dismantling.
My Phantom Voyage
I have only removed the side plates on mine.. very interesting!
@ragwo how are you getting on with the "Reactor"? Did you manage to take it apart?
Devialetless!
(02-Mar-2023, 15:02)ogs Wrote: @ragwo  how are you getting on with the "Reactor"? Did you manage to take it apart?

It's still sitting there in one piece, waiting for a wrecked one with OK internals to appear. The plan is to practice on the wrecked one and do a proper job with the one without internals. Right now I have a Silver Phantom to fix, four Technics SP-10mk2 to refurbish/repair, three PSUs to assemble and a turntable plinth to build. Could be a while before I have the time to look at the Phantom II unfortunately.
My Phantom Voyage
I owned an SL-1000mk2 many years ago. Used it mainly with a Stax SRA-12S amplifier and SR-X headphones. The lavastone cabinet for the player was particularly nice! After the SL-1000 I had a Kenwood (Trio) L07D for a few years.
Devialetless!