Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II for windows using optical
I have 2 Phantom II's and I would like to use them as speakers for my desktop. I would like to do this with an optical cable and not have any lag/delay. Has anyone done this before? Any advice? Preferably set them up as L and R too.
I'm sorry, but I believe that's not possible. Low latency optical direct mode is only available for the Phantom I.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...M-I-CUSTOM
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
At the moment I have them plugged into each other with an ethernet cable and one of them plugged into the PC with AUX. However, the sound quality is BAD. BAD is a polite way of saying it.

What can I do to make them viable on the PC? Is there an amp or any setup that could work?
If your computer has an optical output, the sound quality shouldn't be a problem, but you'll still have some latency. If your computer hasn't got an optical output but a HDMI output, you could buy an HDMI audio extractor with optical output. You'll find it quite cheap on eBay, Amazon, AliExpress or similar marketplace.

The Phantom II shouldn't sound like crap, it's a good speaker.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have a pair of phantom 2’s attached to my Mac and they sound really good. The problem with sound may have to do with the gain of the output from the PC. I’ve experienced that when I was experimenting with them on my Mac.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante