Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II stereo pair, skipping/lag optical cable
Rainbow 
To All Devialet Pros

I realllly need help cause this issue is bugging the heck out of me.

Joined the fun and bought 2 phantom 98db 2 days ago. I successfully set everything up, stereo paired.  When I play Spotify from my phone, perfect.

Then now I connected to my XGIMI AURA shortthrow projector (with the optical cable to one of the phantom II) , the sound is great, the video doesn’t lag, the audio and picture don’t lag. BUT THE MAIN ISSUE is every around minute, there is a skip (like a 0.5second mute), happens irregularly.  No matter if I’m on Spotify (no video) or YouTube (with video).  The only think I notice is the optical cable to the projector seems a bit loose, but nevertheless very connected…

Can someone please give me some feedback and advice!
Just an update: sometimes it will stop working for like, 5 seconds . and when that happens, I notice the signal bar (there is a small signal bar that bobs up and down on the Devialet that the optical jack is connected to) and this signal bar stops moving, then when the noise resumes, the signal bar bounces again
Another quick update, I swapped the optical cable to plug into my right phantom II (instead of the left), then the lag disappeared… does this mean my left Devialet is damaged? It also disconnects sometimes and the app says phantom left cannot be found, then I need to unplug and plug in again (not sure if the optical cable was doing that, but I’ll find out in the next few days since I just swapped the optical cable to be on the right phantom.
First thing I would try is connect them with each other through an Ethernet cable. If this eliminates your stability problem your good to go. 
My WiFi network is so bad that I can't go without the Ethernet cable anymore.

Sometimes I also have the problem that one Phantom is behaving different to the other, drop outs or playing at a lower volume. Switching the optical cable can do the trick but what also seems to work is switching the left and right channel twice.

I don't believe your Phantom is faulty, but if you want to be certain you can always contact Devialet and send a report from the Devialet App for them to analyze for any faults.

When it says "right/left Phantom not found" for me that's usually fixed by a restart of the concerning Phantom.
2x Phantom II 98db
(01-Sep-2022, 06:06)Jann Wrote: First thing I would try is connect them with each other through an Ethernet cable. If this eliminates your stability problem your good to go. 

Sometimes I also have the problem that one Phantom is behaving different to the other, drop outs or playing at a lower volume. Switching the optical cable can do the trick but what also seems to work is switching the left and right channel twice.

I don't believe your Phantom is faulty, but if you want to be certain you can always contact Devialet and send a report from the Devialet App for them to analyze for any faults.

When it says "right/left Phantom not found" for me that's usually fixed by a restart of the concerning Phantom.

Thanks Jan, what do you mean by switching right and left twice?  May I know how you do it, thanks!

Rino
(01-Sep-2022, 14:51)rino Wrote:
(01-Sep-2022, 06:06)Jann Wrote: First thing I would try is connect them with each other through an Ethernet cable. If this eliminates your stability problem your good to go. 

Thanks Jan, what do you mean by switching right and left twice?  May I know how you do it, thanks!

Rino

In the app you can switch which Phantom is playing the right channel and which is playing the left channel. For some reason, this fixes that problem for me.
You need to do it twice obviously to have them back in correct order. If you only do it once then left/right is inverted.
2x Phantom II 98db