Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Immersive Theatre Experience
Can someone elaborate on this? Very few actual details other than it's very loud! 

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2...m-decibels

Confused, 

Jim
What would be great (and useful) would be if Devialet came out with MINI phantoms for center and rear speakers L & R...
Or buy the phantom white as rear speakers
Mini Phantoms would be amazing for this. Even whites would be massive overkill.
Now why would Devialet make minis when they know we will not be able resist 5 golds!!
(21-Sep-2016, 02:52)Scubadon Wrote: Now why would Devialet make minis when they know we will not be able resist 5 golds!!

I think my bank balance will have no trouble resisting 5 golds Smile
The problem with mixing whites with Golds is the volume issue. Wouldn't the Gold play louder at same volume ?
(21-Sep-2016, 16:40)Olivier4444 Wrote: The problem with mixing whites with Golds is the volume issue. Wouldn't the Gold play louder at same volume ?

Spoke with a dealer today about volume issues with mixing white, silver, and gold in a 5.5.  He said the company will be coming out with solution via update to dialogue.  

For me, it will be 5 golds!!!
I notice that the source of the article is 'Devialet PR'. In my opinion Devialet PR should be ashamed of themselves. Surround implementation via Dialog was promised over a year ago, and no news to date. Then 'Devialet PR' release this nonsense to the press. Unfathomable! Why not release some facts and information to existing Phontom customers, that would be nice.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
It does seem that there are no concrete details as of yet. I love my phantoms and although they're not perfect they are still great value for money. My favourite speakers even!

But as many have said some of the claims like best sound in the world etc. Don't help their cause. And it is odd that this article would appear out of the blue announcing an immersive theatre experience. I hope it's true but I won't be able to afford it if it only works with 5 Gold phantoms.

Something that gives me a glimmer of hope though is that I was at the flagship store in Paris last April and the person I spoke to indicated that they may be working on another way to implement this. of course nothing official but (what he said to me) "imagine a mini phantom that is also battery powered that can be either placed around the house or used as rear channels." Perhaps Apple could team up with them and get this show on the road already.