Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Issues x3
Good evening Streamy,

The link is on devialet's support site, the dialog reset is similar, although thats 3seconds of power and 4 seconds off.

You can see here.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...y-settings-

I have done the factory reset, including the one in my link above probably 10 times per each of the 3, 30 in total, i've reset them up as Phantom solo's but still no dice via bluetooth.

Ive ditched the dialog now, I'm simply wanting to return to bluetooth operation.

The link you provided didnt work.
Seems like Devialet has changed the factory reset procedure. I found the old one:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog-
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Sometime it might be required to reset your system Phantom and Dialog. For making your reset on the more efficient way please follow the below instructions:

1. Check if your Dialog is connected to your Internet router (via an ethernet cable)
2. Check if the device you will use for Spark is on the correct Wifi network
3. Unplug your Dialog and Phantom from the electric outlet
4. Wait 30 secondes
5. Plug back your Dialog (first) and your Phantom(s)
6. Wait 30 secondes
7. Press 3 times quickly the bouton on the back of your Dialog (3 short press, the light of your Dialog will react for informing that the reset is starting)
8. Wait until your Dialog light stops blinking (it means end of the reset for your Dialog)
9. Press 3 times the back button of your Phantom (3 short press)
10. Wait about a minute until you hear the start sound of your Phantom(s) (if Phantom is not editing any sounds during 5 seconds, then please redo the steps  3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 10 without touching your Dialog)
11. Launch Spark and follow instructions for making the setup
Note: If during the step 11, Spark is asking you to plug your Dialog, it means that your Dialog is not correctly connected to your router, or the device you are using with Spark is not connected to the right Wifi network.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(24-Jul-2016, 18:02)urbanpixels Wrote: Good evening Streamy,

The link is on devialet's support site, the dialog reset is similar, although thats 3seconds of power and 4 seconds off.

You can see here.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...y-settings-

I have done the factory reset, including the one in my link above probably 10 times per each of the 3, 30 in total, i've reset them up as Phantom solo's but still no dice via bluetooth.

Ive ditched the dialog now, I'm simply wanting to return to bluetooth operation.

Ok, that's fine. Without using Dialog (having it plugged off) I think you might have to factory reset each of you Phantom using this procedure: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ANTOM-solo-
Plug in only one of the Phantoms at the time and follow the instructions from the link above. I'm sorry when the suggestions of factory reset of 3 Phantoms and Dialog do not work for you. For me it works having two Phantoms silver 1st gen. and one Phantom silver 2nd gen ( the ones with BT).
(24-Jul-2016, 18:02)urbanpixels Wrote: Good evening Streamy,

It might be quite difficult to indicate the proper links with all the National pages that show up,depending on where you reside. The page I indicated to you is on the bottom of Devialet's help page you indicated in your link. So as ragwo suggested use the factory reset that is provided at the end of Devialet's help page. It works for me. https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ANTOM-solo-
Important: Only plug in one Phantom to do the Factory Reset. When it is configured as single Phantom (without Dialog) proceed with the 2 others. Hope this works for you.
I don't think it has been suggested yet, apologies if I have missed it, but it may be worth uninstalling/deleting the Spark software/app from all devices, i.e to delete any associated configuration details. Then setup the Phantoms as solos.

I'll hazard a guess that the current Spark expects the Phantoms, previously connected to the Dialog, to still be 'found' through the Dialog which, of course, is now in the bin. Angel
(24-Jul-2016, 15:47)urbanpixels Wrote: 3. Using the Phantom over wifi the songs do not play with spark, sometimes they played for 2 seconds before the app gave the "one or more phantoms are missing" The spark app would show this message in direct time with the "startup" sound stopping and starting.
4. Music is not playing fine in any scenario.

Could you try looking at port 24242 activity on the network (obviously while the Phantoms and Dialog are connected and powered on) to see if everything is going OK?
The Phantom and Dialog apparently somehow communicate through it and it might cause issues in some network configurations.
The only other reason I see is the network. You should check what connection does Phantoms use (you can find a small "tag" in the Spark → Settings → Devices). You can't control, what standard speakers would use for communication, but it's said that they have the following priorities: Ethernet → Plc → Wi-Fi. Also you can see version numbers for both Dialog and Phantoms, could you please show this screen to us?
The speakers will show Wifi 5ghz when they are stand alone.

Im simply wanting bluetooth operation now without any stuttering. I'm not interested in the network side of things at this point.

Devialet support has blamed my issues on power.

As we are onboard a Yacht they say the diesel generators from where we get our power are not compatible with Phantom, they see these issues on Yachts and "Small Islands"

I cannot see it so far, our Meridian Amplifiers and speakers are working perfectly for years.

I need to test this further as our generators provide a very stable 230v 50hz and every other electrical device we have works fine. Perhaps Phantom are THAT sensitive?
(25-Jul-2016, 12:05)urbanpixels Wrote: they see these issues on Yachts and "Small Islands"

They are probably talking about me regarding "small islands" (I live in Mauritius).