Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom July Order - frustrations with fulfilment...? Update: I give up.
I posted a thread to see if anyone ordered Phantoms in July for Sept 7 shipping.   Good to see that some have already received theirs as of yesterday. 

This thread is to ask if there are some who ordered but have had trouble getting delivery. 

I ordered in July as soon as they opened up for ordering.  However, it has been a series of problems. I have been promised a number of times, including via a phone call by a representative and by email that I am guaranteed a ship date of 9/7....but so far, it has not even shipped yet.  Yesterday, I received an email assuring me that I would have gotten a tracking number by today.   That was not to be and looks like they still have not shipped.  They charged my credit card for the deposit back in July so they clearly did receive my order and I have email confirmation.   Yes, I've emailed Devialet in France a number of times also but it does look like they are bouncing it back to their rep in New York. 

The above is a part of the difficulty and I won't go into all the detail in this post.    Sigh. 

Just want to know if anyone else have had problems with their order that was placed back in July and how you guys are trying to resolve it.  

Thanks,
MtnGuy
(11-Sep-2015, 04:35)I ordered at the same time in the US and mine has shipped (it arrives next Monday).. They have had some billing and charge payment issues (I also don\t want to share the details) but it's kind of a clusterf*ck from what I can tell.  Another friend who ordered his at the same time had it ship but they didn't include the office suite number that was on his order and it took awhile to sort that out but he ultimately received it this week. MountainGuy Wrote: I posted a thread to see if anyone ordered Phantoms in July for Sept 7 shipping.   Good to see that some have already received theirs as of yesterday. 

This thread is to ask if there are some who ordered but have had trouble getting delivery. 

I ordered in July as soon as they opened up for ordering.  However, it has been a series of problems. I have been promised a number of times, including via a phone call by a representative and by email that I am guaranteed a ship date of 9/7....but so far, it has not even shipped yet.  Yesterday, I received an email assuring me that I would have gotten a tracking number by today.   That was not to be and looks like they still have not shipped.  They charged my credit card for the deposit back in July so they clearly did receive my order and I have email confirmation.   Yes, I've emailed Devialet in France a number of times also but it does look like they are bouncing it back to their rep in New York. 

The above is a part of the difficulty and I won't go into all the detail in this post.    Sigh. 

Just want to know if anyone else have had problems with their order that was placed back in July and how you guys are trying to resolve it.  

Thanks,
UL
I am in the same exact situation as riozilla.
And you are both in better situation than myself....Smile Glad to hear that.
I was supposed to get an email or call today after the rep talked with France. No email, no call. SIGH!!! I called but could only leave a message.

Surely this is not indicative of typical Devialet service?

Any suggestions? I would really like to resolve this.

MtnGuy
(12-Sep-2015, 03:42)MountainGuy Wrote: Surely this is not indicative of typical Devialet service?

I always got replies from France, usually within minutes.
I give up. I plan to simply cancel my order with Devialet, France.

After numerous emails being promised a solution including one 'tomorrow', I finally received a Paypal request. And it was for almost US$8500. I ordered a couple of Phantoms and a Dialogue, and already put down 10% deposit which they charged in July.

Just got back on email and have three emails in French from Devialet. They are apparently not for me but for another customer. Somehow that customer got my query back and note that our support emails have been crossed or something along those lines.

The story is more complex than the above but I've given sufficient detail.

In all, it has been quite a ride. Never in all my experience with ordering anything online has it been this convoluted a process.

I've not yet receive my credit card statement so I don't know what' happening on that end but I do know that they charged my deposit back in July.

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this? Regardless....I'll have to get it from a non-Devialet direct source or just forget it all together. This coupled with the Spark and Dialog issues seem to belie Devialet being a first class product.

I have no doubt that when Devialet product works, they work very well which is why I was investing in the Phantom system but this entire experience has been very difficult. Perhaps for a $50 product I understand but for a $5K package?

MtnGuy
(16-Sep-2015, 04:56)MountainGuy Wrote: I give up.  I plan to simply cancel my order with Devialet, France.

After numerous emails being promised a solution including one 'tomorrow', I finally received a Paypal request.  And it was for almost US$8500.  I ordered a couple of Phantoms and a Dialogue, and already put down 10% deposit which they charged in July.  

Just got back on email and have three emails in French from Devialet.  They are apparently not for me but for another customer.  Somehow that customer got my query back and note that our support emails have been crossed or something along those lines.  

In all, it has been quite a ride.  Never in all my experience with ordering anything online has it been this convoluted a process.  

I've not yet receive my credit card statement so I don't know what' happening on that end but I do know that they charged my deposit back in July.

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this?  Regardless....I'll have to get it from a non-Devialet direct source or just forget it all together.  This coupled with the Spark and Dialog issues seem to belie Devialet being a first class product.

I have no doubt that when Devialet product works, they work very well which is why I was investing in the Phantom system but this entire experience has been very difficult.   Perhaps for a $50 product I understand but for a $5K package?

MtnGuy

MtnGuy

Be sure to take a close look at your credit card statement. My second payment charge was accidentally processed by Devialet as a credit. Free speakers would have been awesome!  Devialet quickly figured this out and then requested a wire transfer...  Um, no.  PayPal is a much better option. Long story short, the big bill may simply be that Devialet put a few thousand $ onto your credit card.

Indianan
Lightbulb 
Guys, not that is an excuse but Devialet is extremely busy these days with huge orders. It surprise me seeing delays in deliveries as I never had such problems.
Also, a nice way I found of contacting them (to which they answer almost same day) is by message in their Facebook page.
Well, that is if you have a Facebook account of course Wink

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(16-Sep-2015, 06:42)indianan Wrote:
(16-Sep-2015, 04:56)MountainGuy Wrote: I give up.  I plan to simply cancel my order with Devialet, France.

After numerous emails being promised a solution including one 'tomorrow', I finally received a Paypal request.  And it was for almost US$8500.  I ordered a couple of Phantoms and a Dialogue, and already put down 10% deposit which they charged in July.  

Just got back on email and have three emails in French from Devialet.  They are apparently not for me but for another customer.  Somehow that customer got my query back and note that our support emails have been crossed or something along those lines.  

In all, it has been quite a ride.  Never in all my experience with ordering anything online has it been this convoluted a process.  

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this?  Regardless....I'll have to get it from a non-Devialet direct source or just forget it all together.  This coupled with the Spark and Dialog issues seem to belie Devialet being a first class product.

I have no doubt that when Devialet product works, they work very well which is why I was investing in the Phantom system but this entire experience has been very difficult.   Perhaps for a $50 product I understand but for a $5K package?

MtnGuy

MtnGuy

Be sure to take a close look at your credit card statement. My second payment charge was accidentally processed by Devialet as a credit. Free speakers would have been awesome!  Devialet quickly figured this out and then requested a wire transfer...  Um, no.  PayPal is a much better option. Long story short, the big bill may simply be that Devialet put a few thousand $ onto your credit card.

Indianan

any reason why you din't go through you local dealer? I am sure he would have had stock available

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net